Friday, November 4, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

Friday! Friday! Friday! Slap my ass and call me excited!! It’s been a long damn week, yes?


Let’s get to what we came here for! BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy. A couple questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you wish! Enjoy!

Let’s do another themed BYOC…..this one will be called “What’s In/On Your….?”

1. What’s on your desk between your monitor and keyboard? (if it’s a laptop – what’s on your desk in general)

Thank God I only have to name what’s in between my keyboard and monitor. If I had to list what was on my whole desk I’d be here all day.

Post it notes – used and not used. Eye drops. Stupid souvenirs from co-workers who went on trips. A bowl of change. Dust bunnies.

2. What’s on your mind right at this moment?


Getting to 11:30am as fast as I can so I can get to the weekend. How long it will take me to put away the 4 baskets of clothes I haven’t put away yet. How I can work things so I can get in a massive nap this afternoon.

3. What’s in or on your nightstand on your side of the bed?

Basket of relaxation CDs, kleenex, 4 bottles of water, 3 alarm clocks (don’t ask), magazines, books, pen, earrings, ear plugs.

4. What’s on YOUR Christmas wish list (let’s assume you’d get what was on it)?

More Shellac nail polishes (LOVE it – going on two weeks – not a single chip), a diamond replaced in my original wedding ring so I can wear it again, more Sephora lip gloss.

This Cmas is a special one. For the first time in 6 years, Rambo has Cmas off so we can really do the Cmas morning, Santa thing like real families do! I can’t wait!!

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

Real life has been up and down….in a good way. I finally had my eye surgery revision and it WORKED!! I’m not a one-eyed pirate anymore!

I had a tiny meltdown which you read about yesterday (by the way, Rambo came home just fine).

Banana was sick for a few days and missed school. I’ve spent the week working on our Cmas letter and my proposal to ask for a raise from my 2nd job.

I got back on the treadmill and have been eating great….down 3.5 for the week so far!

Blogland has been a little down….I’m reading a lot about people who let things go for a while and are ready to change that so the momentum is inspiring. I found a few new blogs to follow too and that’s always fun getting to know people!

Have a great weekend Skittles!

20 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Yay for having Rambo home Christmas morning! Great progress on the treadmill!

Cat said...

So glad that Rambo came home safe and sound. I know that had to be a huge relief.

Yay for the exercise and 3.5 lbs!! Woot woot!

RockBand Barbie said...

I wanna try that Shallac nail polish...been thinking about it, just haven't done it.

I hope Banana is feeling better!

Wooo Hooooo on the 3.5 loss!!!

Kristin50 said...

Awesome on the 3.5 down you ROCK!

I knew he would be ok, Hugs!

Jessica said...

Glad Rambo is safe!

Jessica said...

OooO and Congrats on the amazing loss!! You go girl!

Katie J ♥ said...

Love you sweetheart! Glad Rambo is safe and hope you have a good weekend.

Rachellabelle said...

I'm so glad you got your eye fixed. Now you can see how hot you are again. Woohoo on dropping those 3.5lbs!

Laura Belle said...

Wait, why can't you wear your wedding ring?

And you guys should do the whole 9 yards on xmas morning! Full on hot chocolate, xmas music, pajamas, everything!!! How exciting!

You go with your bad self on the 3.5!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I have a laptop but no desk. I sit in bed to type. Yes. I realize how sad that is. I am more comfortable in my room. I have a lapdesk but there is nothing on it but my laptop.

Right now I'm thinking about getting back on track with my food and losing the 8 pounds I've gained during the last few weeks.

My Christmas wish list includes a better backpack that I have been looking at and a camping pad so that the ground isn't so hard to sleep on. We have some temporary ones but I want a really good one.

Everything in the world in on my nightstand. I keep everything there but especially all my meds plus the phone etc.

The week was good. Some ups and downs but overall not a bad week.

Katie J ♥ said...

No, it was not April but I agree with you... I am worried for her too. Do you have a way to reach her?

Ronnie said...

Great job on the 3.5 so far, and yay for a real Christmas!! :)

Cece said...

Awesome weight loss and I hope you got that massive nap in !

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I have as little as possible on my desk. I hate clutter. Right now there is a gum wrapper between my keyboard and monitor:) The piece of gum is in my mouth.

Stephanie said...

What is Shellac nail Polish and where do you get it?

Dazee Dreamer said...

I actually put the new Tattoo Barbie on my christmas list. I want her so bad.

Joanna said...

Yay for Rambo being home for Christmas!! That's going to be so great.

I am also interested in this Shellac nail polish...sounds like something I would love!!

Whoop whoop to the 3.5 loss!! I'm one of those people trying hard to turn things around...small steps are happening.

Great questions...just posted mine. I love BYOC. :)

Bridget said...

Glad Rambo made it home safe and glad you all are going to get to spend Christmas morning together. You've got all this time to plan and look forward to it now! :)

trisha said...

wtg on the lbs lost!!

Ice Queen said...

Woo hoo for 3.5! I wanna be like Draz! :D