Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm a 10 Things Thursday virgin no more.

Well holy shit kickers….do you know that I’ve never done a “10 Things Thursday” hosted by Miss Laura Belle herself? Reedonkulous, isn’t it? Let’s remedy that sitcheeayshun right now, shall we?


10 Things Thursday is 10 random things that you list on Thursdays.
Very complex, isn’t it? I crack myself up.

1. I was supposed to go to my bestie Jenny’s house for New Year’s Eve but just found out a dear friend of Rambo’s lost his job so we’re going to go see them instead. It’s the right thing to do but I will miss hugging my Jenny. Dammit.

2. I have completed my 2012 list of things I want to accomplish. Not resolutions. Just hopes and plans and lots of trying. I may or may not share it here.

3. We got a Wii for Christmas and tonight I will be trying out the Dance game. I am sure that my entire body will be covered in hives BUT Ima gonna do it anyway. For my girls. Please refrain from asking for video or pictures. There will be no such thing allowed.

4. There are so many clothes and shoes and boots on my bedroom floor right now that you have to step over them to jump into bed. Not kidding. I love that no one goes in my bedroom. Thank God.

5. Rambo has to take a test to be certified to haul pigs with the semi. One load can carry 600 baby piglets. Seriously. Certified? Women, nor men have to be certified to reproduce a human being but one must be certified to haul piglets. Something seems off here.

6. I would rather pick up our Cmas tree and throw the entire thing (decorations and all) away and buy a new one next year than have to take it down and put it away nicely. Um, yes, it’s fake. Don’t hate. I never claimed to be frugal.

7. A movie theatre here now sells beer and wine that you can drink while you watch a movie. Brilliant. Yes, I’m aware that ALL of you may have already known this but listen – I live in Podunk so this is very new. You’re lucky we even have a movie theatre.

8. Even on a migraine preventive med, I have had 4 days of migraines each week. That’s more days with a migraine per week than without. Satan’s dick that sucks. I need to give the preventive one more week to see if it works and if not – well then – I’ve come to a harsh conclusion about my diet and my refusal to step foot on the treadmill. Things are about to change drastically up in heyah. (that’s the word “here” in a Southern hip type accent) I shall of course, blog about said changes. As soon as I can fully admit them and stop crying over what has to happen.

9. Last night I crawled into Rambo’s lap and said, “I’m sad. Fix it.” His response? “Come on. We’ll go take a bath and then go in the bedroom and cuddle and I’ll put Lampoon’s Cmas Vacation on for us to watch.” God love a man who knows exactly what I need right? And who says I’m high maintenance? A bath, movie and a snuggle is all I require. Easy peasy. He’s such a lucky boy huh?

10. Chances are VERY high that I will not be awake at midnight to ring in the new year that I so desperately am looking forward to. Yup, I’m officially old. Please do not feel badly for my children. We will do the “pretend it’s midnight and countdown from 10” thing at like 10pm. No one will be the wiser and it teaches them to use their imagination. Or something like that.

20 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I always see the new year in. I remember 2000 when everything was supposed to go to hell or the world was going to end. We were in North Myrtle Beach, SC staying at the resort where Dail worked that night. He had to work as night auditor through midnight but we were on the phone together. As midnight struck there was a loud roaring noise that scared the hell out of me. It turned out to be the horn on a boat across the way on the intercoastal waterway. Gave me a real start.

Cat said...

Yay!! Love 10 things Thursday. It's my second favorite blog day after BYOC!

I love that Rambo can make the sad all better. *hugs for you and him*

Also - I would love a pic of your bedroom floor and all the boots and shoes. I think I just had to wipe off some drool. /whoops!

Robyn's Nest said...

We do not have movie theaters around here that sell alcohol. Damn PA!
Rambo is a keeper- if I said that to Lightening, he would have no clue what I needed- he would be all confused. That sounds sad, but he is just a guy and we can't expect too much......

RockBand Barbie said...

I have never been in a movie theater that sells beer or wine. In my state we don't even have wine in grocery stores. For a long time you couldn't buy beer (or any alcohol) on a Sunday...now you can buy beer, but only after 12:00.

I totally understood your "heyah" without explanation since I am southern hip :)

Cece said...

Hmmm ... I always thought sitcheeayshun was spelled: sitchyouateshion. Must be a regional thing :) Happy New Year !

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

I am seriously feel you on the tree thing. If it weren't for ornaments that were my grandmothers on there I would throw it out the door onto the front yard and not give a rats ass. :)

Joanna said...

My boots and shoes haven't caused me to have to climb over them to get in to bed... but I do have to climb over them in order to get in to my closet to pick out clothes. I'd organize them nicely, if there was some form of shoe organizer built well enough to hold this many shoes and boots... but there isn't.

Dawnya said...

Rambo makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

BTW...my kids go to bed at 7:16 p.m. So they will not know it's the new year. And I will follow shortly behind them for bedtime.

Sandy Lee said...

Don't forget that we in EST ring in the New Year when your clock only says 11 pm. So at anytime you pick, it's 12 midnight somewhere. I grew old years ago. Can't remember the last time we stayed up til midnight. Happy New Year!!!

Dizzy Girl said...

It's Diz...i'm commenting from work so not sure who's page I'm logged in to. Anyway- just wanted to say hi and I love you and I'm glad to hear you're doing well. LOVE YOU LOTS! xoxoxo

terbear287 said...

again I ask does Rambo have a single brother? You are awesome draz. Thanks for always commenting on my blog. You are my fav!

FitBy40 said...

I haven't stayed up til midnight in years. I think since I've had children. We have a family camp out on the living room floor and we're all knocked out before 10pm.!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Haha! Laughed at your top 10! Can't wait to continue to read your blog. Thanks for the comment on my blog yesterday! That made me feel great to know you guys are still out there and still welcoming. :) Next year - DEFINITELY going to be a BOOB! Can't wait to meet you all!!

Andrea said...

Love #9...so sweet!

mommykinz said...

I have also been struggling with migraines this past month - 4 wks nonstop! We are now on the 3rd migraine med to try, all with their delightful side effects. BUT I have found relief!!! Magnesium 200-500mg and Feverfew 380mg. honestly I would never have believed natural supplements could help but they are FABULOUS and what have you got to lose. I feel your pain - hope you get relief soon. Magnesium: the Migraine Solution is the book that helped me.

Bodacious Boomer said...

You are so not so old yet kiddo. I have bras your age.

Dinnerland said...

Happy 2012!!

I so agree about the license to haul piglet. Good lord, people definitely should need a license to have kids... doncha think?

Camille said...

I didn't make it to midnight last night and I thought of you. Happy new Year!

Laura Belle said...

YEAHHHHHHYAAA!!! Well if I wouldn't have been such an loafing hefer and gotten off my lazy pooper and read some freaking blogs I would have commented, ohhhh, about 4 stupid days ago. But, I suck. I suck the big fat lazy blue balls of Satan. Can you forgive me Sunflower?!

Ok, I love all your things but love the one about Ramble! And the Xmas one. For real. I'm looking at my tree now with a mean ass stare.
Happy new year!!

Desert Singer said...

LOLOLOL... OMG you are cracking me up. Glad you commented on my blog... now I will be here all the time.

My peeps are Yankees on one side and Okies on the other... and I love the south and love visiting those family members. I love Staples and my bestie gave me for my birthday a gift card the amount of my age for Staples... for yes, an organizer and as many colored writing utensils as possible *will definitely* change the world.

And I feel the same way you do about the tree. But my house wasn't clean enough this year to put it up (thanks mom for *That* bit of guilt... no christmas in a dirty house...)... so thankfully, I don't have to take one down. Our dog didn't seem to mind much. (no kids, in other words ;-)

Happy 2012. I look forward to reading more!