Friday, January 6, 2012

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

Duuuuuuuuudes….BYOC is back after a small holiday hiatus.


Yup, Bring Your Own Crazy returns! It is 5 little questions you can answer in your own blog to give your blogging brain a break and to get to know each other better.

Copy, paste and enjoy!

Let’s do a holiday/new year themed BYOC today!

1. How do you feel about NY resolutions? Do you make them? Do you forget about them quickly? Do they help you?

• I make them every year. Not resolutions exactly, but goals. I keep them in my planner so I literally have to look at them every day. I think it helps.

No matter what – NY’s goals are like a license to make a pretty list on pretty paper with a pretty pen….so there’s no way I’m not participating. Just call me a list whore. Or a Sharpie whore. Or a pretty paper whore. Oh fine – just go with all-around whore.

2. Did you put up a Christmas tree? How many? Is it still up?

• I did put up a tree. One in the living room – and the theme was PINK. Pink ornaments and lights and the topper was a zebra Santa-like hat with pink fur on it with a pink tree skirt underneath. We also had a tree on our front porch. And each of our girls had a tiny one in their rooms.

• Sadly – every one of them is still up. I normally take it down the day after Cmas but this year I’ve been too busy. I hope to have them down this weekend.

3. How many total Christmases did you choose to have to attend outside of your home?

Six. I’m getting hives just remembering.

4. What are you most looking forward to this year?

Summer! No school for my kiddos! 

We have some mini-family-vacations planned this summer but actually I’d have to say I’m most looking forward to the annual BOOBs blogger/lap band event in Chicago in September!

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blogland this week.

Real life has been exciting because of the gluten-free stuff I’m learning and researching and doing. I’m actually proud of myself! I’ve received so many comments and emails and testimonials in real life that it inspires me to keep going.

In blogland, I’m noticing a re-surge of bloggers who may have stopped for a bit and that’s always nice to reconnect. I’ve been following some new people too which I love. January in blogland is an exciting time….and I hope it continues.

Peace out, Skittles!

17 comments:

Leigh C. said...

I would have loved to see a picture of your pink tree. Sounds decadent:)

MandaPanda said...

I'm loving the re-commitments I'm seeing in Blogland too! Makes my workdays go faster. LOL

Miss April said...

I would love to see the pink tree too and I'm a little jealous. Sounds so rockstar. As if I would expect anything less..... I love the color red so mine was red, black and silver. :) And the majority of ornaments were glittery. I love glitter!

Sarah from Onmyweightohappiness said...

You so need to take pictures of your pink tree and post them!

Ice Queen said...

I almost did a pink tree, for CMas 2011. I may very well do one this year. Patrick will love that. He is a hard core green tree kind of person and seems to think that his input matters. lololol

Hell, maybe I'll do several, if I have the space. One traditional. One pink. One purple or blue. Yippie!

Hyla said...

We actually have a pink tree we put out every year, usually decorated with fairy ornaments!

Here is my BYOC
http://hourglassred.blogspot.com/2012/01/bring-your-own-crazy-from-ijmdas.html

Cat said...

Add another vote for a pic of the pink tree. Must see!! I would love for Rambo to have a Harley Tree in his "man cave" or where ever he does his man stuff. : )

Stephanie said...

I was just thinking today about BOOBS 2012. Hubby asked this morning when we are going to start the planning....in other words he wants to know when he can buy ear plugs so he doesn't have to hear me talk about BOOBS and "the girls" for the next 9 months. LOL :)

Ronnie said...

BOOBs! Only 260 days (or so).

Camille said...

I like your approach to resolutions. You are a rock star!

Tori said...

I'd like to see the pink tree too!

Here is my very first BYOC!!

http://toritipsthescale.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-very-first-byoc.html

Thank you :)

trisha said...

your tree sounds crazy funky! LOL

Sam said...

Pink is my mum's favorite color, she would have loved your tree :o)

tz said...

my trees (yes plural) are also still up...ack!

Life Love & High Heels said...

Love this post! So fun! I'll definitely participate next time you post a BYOC ;)

Rachellabelle said...

Ohh, I hope the GF diet is agreeing with you. A lot of people suddenly feel a lot better when they give it up. Less aches, pains and more energy

Mary said...

I'm with you on making the lists! I have a nice little planner for my school things and I have to write everything down. My hubby and friends all make fun of me but I just LOVE marking something off when it's done. Oh and I buy new pens at least once a month because I have to...