Monday, January 9, 2012

G-free, Day 4, 5 & 6 of 30.

Day 4 - DONE
Day 5 - DONE
Day 6 - DONE

Not a single cheat my little lovebugs!  Not ONE!  I haven't had gluten in my body for 6 days!

I won't go through my entire menus for the days because if you haven't seen a pattern and guessed it - I'm a huge repeat eater.  I mean I eat the same things most every day and never tire of it. 

Sooo the last 3 days have had the normal - eggs, tilapia or chicken, potatoes, gravy and broccoli. 

A few new things were gluten-free bagel chips, cheese slices, air popped popcorn AND cool ranch Doritoes!

Yup - I said Doritoes!!!  Boo-yah!!!  I'm happier than a grasshopper with two dicks! 

Other than the soda (I know, I know), in 6 days I have ONLY had two starbursts in the form of sugar as far as candy and chocolate.  This, my friends, is UNHEARD of. 

I can eat entire LARGE bags of candy daily.  I'm pretty much a sugar addict.  It's crazy pants really.

Oh and get this - my family ordered out pizza.  Pizza.  You know - that stuff that I want to make blankets out of and wrap up in and eat myself silly?  And me?  I had none.  I didn't even smell it.  I stayed out of the room and left for girl's night.  I can tell you without a doubt that never in my life do I recall turning down pizza.  It nearly gave me a coronary. 

On to any mental and physical changes I've noticed:

Day 4 - after being out until 3am - I got up at 8am without a migraine and not exhausted.  Seriously people - this occurrence is cuh-razy.  Never, ever after being out until 3am would I first of all - get back up at 8am much less NOT have a migraine or need a nap by noon.  I am floored.  Just floored.

My upper abs are losing their swelling - slowly but surely.  I have not felt flu-ish or sick after eating once. 

Again, unheard of for me.

I am clear-headed.  On track and feeling good.

Day 6 found me feeling a little worn down - BUT - I know that it's due to my both my girls having the flu and I'm not getting the proper sleep.  Sooo - disappointing as it is - I got a migraine this day.  Pain pill kicked it.  I'm counting it as a success because normally - I'd have had a migraine 3 days in a row and so far - it's one and it's gone.

Rage on my G-free friends.

7 comments:

mommykinz said...

Yeah!! So glad its working for you.

Lucy said...

You are doing great.

I hope your girls are feeling better.

I wanna see a grasshopper with 2 dicks, have any pictures?

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm glad it is going well, Draz. Hang in there and I hope it is all you expect it to be. I'm sorry the girls have the flu. That is rough. I hope they feel better soon. :)

MandaPanda said...

You're doing really well! I'm glad you're already feeling some positive changes.

Rachellabelle said...

I'm so happy for you!! Hey, have you looked into the low-carb pizza recipes? The crust is made from cauliflower and cheese. It's DELICIOUS.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

This is awesome! So glad it's working out for you. I'm not GF all the time by any means but it really does make a difference for me to cut it out.

trisha said...

so glad this G-free stuff is working for you girl! that's amazing that you ignored pizza!! I WISH I was that strong!!!!!!!!