Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gluten-free - Day 8 begins!

So far, so good my Skittles.

Not a whole lot to report on the G-free front – except – that I’m learning more each day and I’m a label-reading guru. I’ve added some new things to my meal plans.

I have found out I can eat:

Cornbread
syrup
Dried beef
Rice
Cream cheese
Rice cakes
Taco seasoning (certain brands)
Salsa (Tostitoes scoops are gluten-free)
Yogurt (Yoplait)

And the list goes on. At my local grocery store, I have found all the gluten-free flour I could ever need (for making gravy) and an entire gluten-free section of food.

This section of course, has good and bad. Oreo cookies and cookie mixes – all gluten free. Of which I didn’t buy any. I’m still trying to aim for mostly health – not just gluten-free.

Instead of eggs for breakfast, I’ve been making smoothies.
One cup of skim milk, one cup of yogurt and one cup of frozen berries. YUM!

I did buy gluten-free pasta to try.

Other than that – I’m sticking to the staples of brown rice, potatoes, chicken, tilapia and broccoli…and eggs.

Today begins day 8 and I’m down 3.5 pounds so that’s a nice bonus. I’ve been drinking tons of water and still taking magnesium and Vitamin D.

A surge in energy and the absence of migraines (except for the one) are the two major changes I’ve noticed. And not feeling sick after I eat.

3 more weeks to go!

Onward!



8 comments:

trisha said...

great to hear! and congrats on the el bees lost - that's for SURE a great side effect! lol

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm glad to hear it is going well for you. When I get my Kindle I'm going to have to read up on gluten and see what all the fuss is about. Of course, I'm low carbing so I'm probably not getting much gluten anyway.

Losing It said...

Tinkyada brand pasta is the BEST gluten free pasta I have found. It tastes awesome, for one. Two, it can take a bit of overcooking without turning into mush.

FitBy40 said...

awesome news! Hooray for fewer migraines.

Laura Belle said...

I'm so stinking proud of you buttercup!!! You are doing soooo great!
Keep up the good work! HUGS!

Sarah from Onmyweightohappiness said...

Glad its working out for you!

Ronnie said...

I'm not even sure what gluten is - but I'm glad you're feeling better, my love!

speck said...

I just admire you for sticking to this! AWESOME.