Thursday, January 26, 2012

Updates, oils, shoes, turds and necklaces. Oh and pigs too.

Want a gluten-free migraine update?  It's not that exciting but I'll give it to you anyway.  I'm still eating gluten-free whenever I can.  I know a woman who uses progesterone oil and swears she hasn't had a migraine since she started using it.  I've always wondered if my migraines were part of some hormone issue because I never had them until I was pregnant 6 years ago. 

Anywhoozle, I'm using the progesterone oil on my arms and the back of my neck as prescribed.  This is what the bottle looks like and it's FIFTY freaking dollars.  It's NOT a big bottle but it's very strong and has a pepperminty smell.  We'll see how it works.

**********************************************************

Did you know Lara bars are gluten-free?  Have you ever tried them?  They LOOK like a square turd.  Honestly - I just can't eat them anymore because of this.  Look.  I'm not wrong, am I?

****************************************************

I lost my Silpada watch.  I'm pissed.  It was silver and expensive and they don't sell it anymore.

****************************************************

I've been watching Sex and the City reruns and now I want a "Carrie" necklace.

Like this:


                           ********************************************************
I saw shoes like this on a blog I follow.  Then I kept shoe shopping and found these and I want 16 pairs of them - simply because they are my favorite color evah.  You like?  They are Brooks.


  
               ***********************************************************

Lastly, I want to say sometimes I'm soooo happy to be a woman.  Specifically I'm talking about Rambo's job - and not the one at the prison.  The one where he drives a semi loaded with 600 pigs.  Now it's true - a woman could do this job - but MOST of the time it is men.  And well - I'm happy about that fact because I learned a new thing about hauling pigs today. 

Because of PETA - in order to get pigs out of the semi you cannot use canes or prods or anything. 
You have to simply clap your hands at them. 

Obviously - if you've ever worked around animals - clapping one's hands doesn't often work.  When it doesn't - and a pig won't come off the trailer - Rambo has to go inside the factory and get a worker and the worker comes out. 

And shoots the pig.  In the trailer.  Then drags it in with the rest of the smart ones who got off the trailer on their own. 

I simply cannot fathom this. 

How about being the guy who does the shooting and dragging? 

Ewwww - right?


26 comments:

jennxaz said...

Wonder what his job title is? I'm the drag shooter hmm

Ronnie said...

I want a Carrie necklace, too. Although, it would have to say Ronnie, b/c if not... that would just be confusing.

Angela said...

Ummm...I need the link to the shoes please....like really need it. Please....

A.J. said...

*still scratching head* Wondering how PETA reconciles poke in ass with stick = bad BUT shoot until dead = good. Of course, this is why cannot stand PETA as an organization. *stops scratching head - jumps off soapbox*

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

@A.J. I was just thinking the same darn thing! Crazy. I think I could forgo the ugly nature of the bar if it was tasty...I guess I'm not as evolved as you. I can't wait for an update on the $50 potion!

Sarah from Onmyweightohappiness said...

When we lived on the farm we use to slap the pigs on the ass to get them moving LOL While I do admit my dad did some unspeakable things to get the pigs to move or when butchering them that scarred me for life. Poor piggies!
I hope that oil works for you, Ive had migraines before and they suck horribly, I can't imagine getting them weekly!

Jessica said...

Cute shoes!

Jen said...

Oh my word on the Pigs.. that's alarming!
Love the Carrie Necklace!
Love Lara Bars but you have a point there!!! may never be able to look at them before eating them again!!

Kelliann said...

I REALLY hope that oil works! Well, for $50 a bottle, it damn well better!
BROOKS SNEAKERS. I love, love, love them. They are the only ones I will wear forever and ever.
:-)

Stacey said...

Agree, I love the necklace and probably need one.

Shoes, of course I need those. And backups in case those wear out or get dirty.

PETA? I am with AJ, I can't see how shooting is ok, but prodding is not.

Larabar? I like them but agree, they are offputting in their turdishness. Yes, that is a word. It must be, I typed it. :)

Miesha Roshawn said...

Yeah that's pretty much disgusting!

FitBy40 said...

I don't know why I'm laughing so hard about the pig thing but for some reason I find it hilarious! I guess because I don't eat pork anyway, I'm just thinking about the other pigs saying "Shit Earl, this guy means business, we better move!". OMG. thanks for the laugh of the day.

Jacquie said...

But using a prod is nt allowed? I don't gt it.

Sam said...

:o) I never know what to expect when I read your blog, that's one of the best things about it :o)

Can you eat that thing if you keep the wrapper on? Just push up a little bit at a time to take a nibble off the end? Does it taste like poo?

MizFit said...

I should love the LARA because they are gf--BUT Ive not yet placed one in my GF-hole.

:-)

kristi said...

Cute shoes!

My hubby used some type of cream once that was testerone and it smelled so frickin good. I wanted to jump on him all the time! MEOW!

Ice Queen said...

PETA needs to just go the fuck away. Seriously. They are just a bunch of money hungry hypocrites out to get all the publicity that they can. I trust nothing that they say. And I don't get how a poke in the butt with a blunt stick is less humane than a bullet in the brain? Of course, we all know that PETA loves to "rescue" then kill animals so... Yeah.

I will never feel the same way about a Larabar, again. Not that I eat them...

:P

Cat said...

Yeah, the no-prod but yay shooting just doesn't make sense to me.

Now, would you get the "Carrie" necklace? Or would it have your name on it instead.

Dawnya said...

Let me know if that darn oil works. That would be $50 well spent.

BTW...you can get that necklace at www.namenecklace.com

Bunnie said...

love your blog! I nominated you for an award too

Bonnie said...

Thanks Babe....xoxoxo

Oh and I have a "Carrie" necklace that I haven't rocked in ages.....but it says Sunce, which means Sunshine in Serbian....I have the urge to dig it out now!!!

MandaPanda said...

And this is more humane than giving the pig a swat on the ass????

Carrie said...

I love my Carrie name necklace! I got it from www.wow-imports.com and highly recommend them!

Arthur Mandell said...

I have the Carrie Necklace and love it!

modele robe said...

I need the link to the shoes please,very like it,my robe de mariée courte

Angeli Liu said...

Loveinchic.com offers a large collection of name necklace including sterling silver nameplate necklace, gold plated nameplate necklace and more personalized name necklaces. Free shipping worldwide.