Thursday, February 23, 2012

Banana speak and a new OPI color.

Have you ever heard anyone speak Chinese or Spanish or Russian - and they say about 60 words so you think they just recounted an entire novel to you but when it's translated those 60 words that took 60 minutes to say actually mean something like "the cat is black"?

Yup - a bazillion words in Chinese translates into 4 English words.

Wellllll - my Banana has the opposite problem.  She is a child of few words - when she's writing English.

My proof?  Here you go.


Banana brought me this jar and told me she wanted to write her Daddy a note about it so he would know she needed more vitamins.

Here's her note I found stuck to the jar:



When I asked her to translate the note - she first looked at me like I was the dumbest person on Earth for not being able to know what it said.

And then she translated.  DAD GOR WOOD EMPTY - in Banana's world - means:

Daddy.  Here is our old jar of vitamins.  What would you want us to do with it?  It is empty now.

Yup - all of that.  Nearly 4 full sentences compacted to 4 words.

It was really hard not to laugh.  She was so proud of "sounding" out the words.

Hey.  I never said my kids were brilliant.
***************************************

Oh and look at my new nail polish....it's a new OPI color.  I forget what it's called but it's sort of taupe-y.  And yes - I'm still obsessed with the whole "ring finger in a different color with glitter and sass" thing.

I think this color is either a love it or hate it kind of color....but I love it!


Whaddya think?  You like?

20 comments:

mommykinz said...

Love the ring finger color!! Especially with the pretty rings showing too.
post smile me = Your posts make me smile. Less is more!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Love all the OPI colors. My nails are hideous. I haven't had them done in a while and the acrylics are mostly grown off. I can't make up my mind if I want to go to the expense again of if I want to just go natural.

PS. Just a side not about the vitamins. We learned from our nutritionist that Gummy vitamins are practically worthless. There is more sugar than nutrients and they are not even complete. Flinstones or similar would be a much better choice. IMO Hugs.

MandaPanda said...

Aaawww... I love it! I've been so blow away by how kids learn and develop since having my own. They get so big so fast...Keep that note...it's too cute!

Jennifer said...

OMG that note is too cute! And I am loving the color!

Jennifer
www.wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com

Maren said...

Efficient communication! :D

Ebbs said...

Loving your nails and the note was funny but sweet.

jennxaz said...

I like the color and sparkle....yeah, I think my four year old thinks I am a complete idiot at times.

Becky said...

priceless note for daddy, so cute :)

love the nail polish though you have a lot of bling there dont ya!

Kelly said...

That is some serious nail bling. ONLY you could pull that off, lovey. :-) Love.

Jordan said...

My brother was the same way, we could never understand what he was writing. My mom and I would have a contest to see who could read and understand his notes first.

Keelie said...

LOVE the ring finger being different! Never seen that before but I really like it. Pretty colors.

Cat said...

I laughed at your translation of the Banana note. Hee hee, how awesome that she even though to ask what to do with the empty bottle. Most kids would put it back! Haha.

Love the color and if I actually did anything with my nails I would definately go for that look. Super blinged out and fab. Because of piano lessons though, I don't do a damn thing with my nails. I have to keep them super short and color just draws attention to the stubs they are.

Stephanie said...

You are the only girl I know who can pull off bling like that on your nails. Anyone who tries is just a wannabe...

Keep the note. We have Sarah's old notes (she has always been addicted to leaving Post It Notes) and we have it stashed in a box labeled "Hooked on Phonics".

Michelle said...

ooo I needed that laugh! DUH thats what it said. I totally got it! :) I think that color is AMAZING!!!! and so is your bling!!! :)

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Oh my gosh!! I just found your blog and I love it. I read the whole "about" Drazil and Sheniqua and now I'm determined to invent names for my inner demons and fat. The story about banana was so cute!!

BeesKnees said...

That little note is adorable. My son does the same thing, he'll look at me like WTF is wrong with you can't you read this? Ironically that's how my texts look after a few drinks.

Ice Queen said...

Loooove the mani. Accent nails rule. Especially if they are glitter.

Banana is brilliant and you are a good mother.

P.S. Wanting to laugh at our kids is normal. Keeps us from eating them.

Really.

Laura Belle said...

I'm sorry, I couldn't see your nails. I was blinded by all that pretty bling on your finger! ;-)

No really, that is too cute about Banana! I can't wait!!!!! (Someday)

And the polish....to.die.for. Loving it. I'm now starting to become obsessed with my nails since having them done. Like I can't wait till next week to pick out a new color. They have this bronze-ish brown sparkly gorgeousness thing and I got it on my toes, but now I'm thinking about getting it on my fingers too!

Have a good weekend LOVAH!!

Ronnie said...

I do like! And she's got down better than half the kids in the world who can't spell anything. ;)

Blog Wobble said...

LOL kids are priceless!

Love the nails too :D