Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some reviews as promised.

I promised you guys a couple of reviews and I am finally getting to those today.

First off...remember this?  My Himalayan light that is supposed to create world peace?  Well - fine - I might have exaggerated a bit there but it was supposed to promote calmness and peace and even help with asthma and such.  It looks like this.

Wellllll - the light doesn't seem to do anything for me medically BUT I will tell you the soft, amber glow is calming to me.  I can't even tell you why.  It doesn't get hot so I leave it on almost all the time - right on my computer desk.
*********************************************
And remember this CD?  Guiding relaxation and breathing techniques?



Well this one is a winner winner chicken dinner.  Let me preface this by saying I have MANY relaxation CDs.  None of them really "tripped my trigger" BUT this one - I loooove.  For some reason the breathing techniques in this one seem amazing - for me.  I found myself doing the exercises and thinking, "My God - I can "feel" this working.  I'd love to tell you how the guided relaxation techniques work - but I can't.  I have heard the first two sentences and no more......because that's how fast I fall asleep.

How do like them apples?
*************************************************

Here's a little something I just bought because I was born with black eyes.  Seriously - I can sleep for 24 hours straight and still wake up with the hugest, darkest bags under my eyes.  It's sick I tell you.

So I'm constantly searching for the newest miracle under eye concealer.  Which led me to buy this:



I have not used "that gal" yet.  The erase paste is what I've seen very good reviews on for under eye circles.  I like it - but - for me - I don't think it's any better than other concealers for WAY less money at Walmart.

The lemon aid - LOVE this.  I read that a lot of women wear this and NO eyeshadow and I'd say - that's totally do-able.  It's creamy and brightening and covers great and LOOKS like you have eyeshadow on.  I haven't used the pink eye bright yet.

The reviews on Boi-ing were pretty stellar too and I have to say I love this product for any red spot or zit coverage.  I like that there is a light and medium color and when I'm done - you can't see any spot or zit or anything.  Amazeballs.

Most of all I love that Sephora offers this little compact thingy full of trial sized items so in case I don't love any of them I haven't spent a fortune on them.

Have you guys tried any of these Sephora items?
**************************************
Oh and yes - there's this too:
  

Which could and should also be called - The Doorway to Hell - in 30 seconds or less.

Rambo and I did this once.  We did the warm up and cool down and a jumping jack tabata series in the middle.

I nearly died.  In fact, I think I might have for a moment.

 I plan to add one more series per week so as not to die more than once a week.

Oh my God people - tabata is for real.
******************************************
Lastly - because I can't stop my addiction to all things teal, turquoise or mint-colored - I bought these for my charm bracelet.  Cuz I can.
*****************************************
Tootles Skittles!! 

12 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Stopping in to say "hi", Draz. That light looks peaceful even in the photograph. I have a relaxation CD that is lost in the clutter of my room. I'm going to try to dig it out today and give it a try. :)

Rebecca said...

Draz...yuo've been holding out on me!

I hate talking about my yoga, meditation because it's all so new age and hippy but now there's you!!!

I'll admit I've recently wanted a Himalayan light. I read it's supposed to help alkalize your body..I'll also check out that CD. I've downloaded some free soothing music apps but they are meh. I guess you get what you pay for!

I was just at Target yesterday and that DVD took up an entire end-cap. I may have to check it out, ya know, if i wanna die. Thanks for the tip!

Sarah said...

Looks like all good stuff but for me the 'Adult relaxation' CD conjurs up an entirely different idea.

http://fatontheinsideuk.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

So are you loving Tabata as much as I'm loving Bikram yoga? Because I thought I would die too when I first tried it. You've got me really curious now. I'm heading on over to Amazon now to pick this DVD up!

Cat said...

Love your charms!! I'm so glad the relaxation CD is working for you!

jennxaz said...

oh, those charms are so cute...I want to see the whole bracelet bet its gorgeous! I will admit the CD looks a little brng chica bam bam

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Love love love the charms!

Jen said...

Thanks for the review on the concealer! I too was born with black eyes and I can never find anything that will totally get rid of it! Heading to Sephora this weekend!

Lee Ann said...

I have a rock salt lamp like that. Very nice glow, perfect to nurse a baby to in the middle of the night. I put a little 2 watt bulb in mine. I kept it on almost all the time. I started getting nosebleeds. Like every day. Couldn't figure out why til my neighbor said, "Well DUH you have that salt lamp on all the time!" I said, "What does that have to do with it?" She said it's a dehumidifier and pulls all the moisture out of the air, thus drying out my nose. She was a respiratory therapist, so leave it to her to solve this big mystery for me. I thought she was probably wrong, considering how huge my room was. Nope. She was right. I couldn't believe that little lamp had the power to do that! Now I only turn it on when I need it, but the light is so pretty.

Jen said...

I die for those charms!!!
That lamp looks really soothing, but not as soothing as a Chinese Masseuse, if you know what I mean.

Beth Ann said...

I was not a fan of Erase Paste. I thought it was too thick and looked too cakey. I prefer something a little lighter-weight but still with coverage.