Because it’s Monday – that means I that I am unable to write an entire post of anything even remotely read-worthy – sooooo because I didn’t do Ten Things Thursday from one of my fave bloggers and people in general (that’d be Laura Belle)….Ima do it today.
I’m such a rule-breaker, I know!
1. Something huge is happening to me tomorrow. Huh. Uge. It’s time to stop the “let’s see how many calories I can eat in one day before I explode” mentality that is my life. Are you ready for this?
I’m joining Weight Watchers. Like officially and everything. I did it a LONG time ago and loved it but it was the old points system and nothing was ever online then. So for me – this feels ALL new. New points counting and online fun tools and crap like that. I am sooo excited I might pee my pants.
One of my dearest blogger friends kicks ass at WW and inspires me every day so now I'm following in her footsteps - hopefully. Yes, Kelly, I'm talking about you.
I plan to spend most of the day researching the online tools and figuring this stuff out. The best part is that the WW meetings are onsite where I work so I don’t have to go anywhere and work is actually paying for it too! YAY!
2. I am in LOVE with the show Spartacus. Seriously people. We are talking some MAJOR man candy. The kind of man I like. Rugged, tough, sweaty, manly and insanely in love with their women. Usually I don’t watch any movies with blood and killing in them but for some reason I can handle it on this show (even though there’s a ton of it) because the sex scenes are TO DIE FOR. Like My God in heaven – I could mute the whole show and still I’d love it just as much.
3. My girls received two large chocolate Easter bunnies yesterday. I want it recorded that yours truly did not bite the ears off either of them. Downright amazing, isn’t it?
4. My newest clothing obsession? Well, of course, it’s expensive. I’m never obsessed with something sold at Kmart for $9.99 dammit. It’s anything Ed Hardy. Ohmuhgee. It’s the badass rebellion biker lover of tattoos chick in me that cannot help staring at his creations all day. I mean like hours of shopping – finding things and putting them in my cart – pretending I will buy them all. Yesterday my cart total was up to about $800.00.
F*ck a duck. I managed to whittle down the list and got only what I felt I must have. Jeans with skulls/roses on the butt. Skull/rose sunglasses. I may or may not have thrown a pair of white/gold Nikes in my cart….along with some must have Coach sunglasses. I cannot confirm or deny this.
5. I completely lied to my children and then to their sitters about my plans for the day SOLELY so that Rambo and I could have “dessert”. I’m pretty sure I should feel guilty….but so far I don’t.
6. This weekend I get to go to a turkey and deer expo. Aren’t I the luckiest girl in the entire world? Rambo says if I’m good – afterwards he’ll take me to eat out at Hooters. I told him if that actually happens – he might get lucky enough for me to divorce him. Yes – I am anti-Hooters. I can’t help it. Every one of those girls is someone’s daughter and I can’t imagine my girls being ogled like that. And if one more person tells me “but their food is good” – I might shank them.
7. I wear lots of rings. I’m too chicken to buy actual cleaning solution so I scrub them with basic soap and toothbrushes. I did this the other day. Then the next day I was doing dishes. Wanna know what I found? My Grandma’s engagement ring!! Holy shit a brick people! I nearly went into a coma. A whole damn day – it stayed in the drain stopper. It’s a small gold band and I stack a lot of them so I didn’t even realize I hadn’t put it back on. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
8. Reeses peanut butter cups made for Easter in egg shapes somehow make them taste better than when they are just round. I have no idea why – but trust me – it’s a well known fact.
9. I still have a Christmas wreath hanging on my front door. Next week is April. I’m pretty sure this makes me an official redneck. My Southern relatives would be proud.
10. I haven’t had a migraine in at least a week. That my friends – is downright amazing. I used to have 4 a week. I’m actually in a bit of denial over the fact that my meds may have finally worked. It doesn’t seem real. And yes – I do realize that now that I have said out loud that my meds are working – that today I will probably get a migraine.
Have a great Monday, my Skittles!