It’s Friday, my Skittles! That means it’s time for BYOC. Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer 5 questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy to your own blog and enjoy!
1. Whether you’re a parent or not….what do you think the appropriate age is to talk to a child about “the birds and the bees”?
• I’m selfishly asking this because this week “the letter” came home. You know the one. The one that says a nurse will be coming onsite to talk to my child about sex and periods and genitals and puberty.
• Watermelon is 11 and in 5th grade. It’s one of those things I knew would come but I never imagined it’d feel this weird when it did. Weird like I still feel too young to have a kid old enough to talk to this stuff about!
2. What’s the color scheme in your bedroom?
Sage blue, chocolate brown and cream with a little safari décor in it.
3. What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use on your hair?
• Again, another selfish question. I’m about out of my shampoo and am looking for a new kind. I like to change it up and have never loved one kind enough to stay loyal to it. I’ve been researching Wen products since my bestie mentioned them…does anyone use those?
I currently am finishing up some morrocan/ginger oil shampoo. Can’t even remember the brand.
4. And since it’s nearly summer time…do you paint your own toes, go some place for pedicures or not paint your toes at all? What’s your fave toe color?
I wear flip flops and sandals to work constantly so my toes are definitely painted. 90% of the time I do my own and even paint fun designs on them. 10% of the time I splurge and find the time and money to go get a pedicure.
I use colors on my toes I would never use on my nails. Like bright blues, greens or even reds. I don’t do red on my nails or purples, blues or greens so I LOVE to use them on my toes. My fave is still a french on both nails and toes.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week!
This week was good. I have stayed within my points range and have continued to work out. Last night I did 30 second sprints up to 6.2mph. First time in a while so I took it slow. It feels good to get back into regular workouts and I’m eating so much healthier on Weight Watchers. Still fighting some pretty major fatigue from my migraine meds BUT I’m beginning to get more sleep and haven’t had a migraine in a while. YAY!
Nothing to do this weekend except clean. Oh joy.
Seriously. Someone just kill me now.
Tootles Skittles. Have a gumdrop farting, unicorn dancing, Care Bear cloud kind of weekend.