Friday, April 20, 2012

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

It’s Friday – so it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer 5 questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy to your own blog and enjoy!


1. Do you have any siblings? What is your relationship with them? Good, bad, ugly?


I have an older brother, a younger brother and a younger sister. My relationship is the same with all of them. We rarely communicate regularly. Even though my brothers live just a few hours away from me – I only see them once a year or maybe twice. I see my sister more than that…but there are 15 years between us so we’re at different points in our life. All three of them are model material – seriously. It’s hard not to compare myself physically to them and I struggle with that a lot.

2. Let’s talk pizza. Do you prefer homemade or restaurant? What toppings are your fave?

I prefer restaurant or takeout. My absolute fave is a little place near where I live that has been in business for decades and is a Mom and Pop sort of place. Back 20 years ago when Rambo and I were dating – he took me there every weekend. It’s still my fave and I’m a plain Jane eater so the only kinds I eat are cheese, sausage or canadian bacon!

3. When is the last time you cried – in sadness and in joy?

I don’t know why I ask such hard questions! I don’t know how to answer them.

Let’s see. The last time I cried simply because I’m a stupid woman with hormones the size of the Titanic was when I watched Private Practice this week. Ugh – damn TV shows.

The last time I cried in sadness due to something in my life was December. Life was a whole shitcan full of sadness for a while then.

The last time I cried in joy? Holy shit I have no idea. I mean sometimes things my kids do or say or in relation to Rambo make me completely tear up and I have to try not to cry. Does that count?

4. Do you own a gun – one that is specifically yours? Do you know how to use it?

I have no idea why I’m asking this. It just popped into my head. I do not own a gun that is specifically my gun. That’s not to say that Rambo hasn’t tried for years to get me to have my own. He owns enough to outfit an army…including AK47 machine guns that would blow an elephant away. You know – because elephants are a real problem in Podunk.

In regards to using it – nope. I’ve never shot a gun. Held many but never shot one that I can remember (except a beebee gun). In the family – that makes me the odd one out. All the women on Rambo’s side have their own guns and shoot clay pigeons and stuff like that. Ever since my Uncle shot himself when I was 15 – guns took on a whole new meaning to me and I just can’t bring myself to embrace them…though I absolutely believe in everyone’s 2nd amendment rights.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week!

My week has been okay. Busy it seems – as usual. Today in Banana’s class the letter “Q” marries the letter “U” so we’ve been getting wedding dresses and presents ready. I attend the ceremony today. It’s very serious. Ha!

I have worked out every other day and stayed within my points even with a few unplanned indulges. And let me just say I haven’t had a morning Mountain Dew for days! Canyou believe that shit? Yah – me either.

Oh and I get to see Jenny next weekend! Can you say “Praise Jesus!”? I might pee my pants I’m so excited.

Have a good weekend Skittles!

9 comments:

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Love the questions this week :)
Ok, every week!

Ducky said...

Ooh Ooh! I think I can answer these! I wasn't going to post today but I best be bustin ass to get one up. I will be pimpin ya out!

I lurv crazy!

Laura Belle said...

I did it! Feels like I haven't done one in for.ever! Awesome questions!

MandaPanda said...

Ooooooh! These are good ones this week...Will be posting my answers shortly. :)

Sandy said...

I think the last time I cried was with one of your posts. I also cried when I was pregnant when commercials came on--and not just the sad ones. I'm like a shower most weeks. But I can certainly shoot a gun--I'm a sharpshooter although it doesn't interest me whatsoever anymore. Have a great weekend!

angel shrout said...

Found your meme over at Ducky's place. Being the Ducky Stalker that I am I had to come look. I LOVE your blog.. and I agree a tub full of Skittles fixes everything. At least until you eat so much you get that thick stuff that you can't swallow and you can't cough up.. yeah it's all good till then.

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I'm 1 of 7 kids- 1 boy, then 5 girls, then 1 boy. I'm the baby girl. The "baby" boy's the black sheep and even though we all live w/i 20 mins. of our parents we only see him a few times a year. We're fabulous, his wife just hasn't caught on yet.

affectionforfitness said...

My eyes tear up during a favorite singer singing a heartwarming song on youtube.com. Silly, I know.

:-) Marion

Andrea said...

Good luck with your new job tomorrow!