Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting gas half naked.

Have you ever worn your underwear to the gas station? Like as in “not under your pants”?
Like as in *only* your underwear?

Rambo has.

Apparently he is the actual definition of a beyond exhausted sleep deprived hick. I’m so lucky to be his wife, huh?

He took a shower after a 16 hour day in the semi so that he could go up to the gas station and get gas. He drove up there. Got out of his car, stood up and thought, “Oh crap – I better make sure I have my wallet. I bet I put it in my shorts pockets.”

He takes both of his hands and moves them in a downward motion like he is going to check in his shorts pockets and realizes there are no pockets on what he is wearing…which is odd. So he looks down and realizes he’s not wearing shorts. Just his boxer underwear.

In public. At the gas station. Where the whole town hangs out.

Oopsie.

No wallet. No clothes. No gas.

Tired much?

I’m surprised it didn’t make the front page of the paper. Oh wait – our town is too small…we don’t have a paper.

Other than the above debacle, not much is new. Unless you count the very fun fact that I bought my leather motorcycle vest now that I belong to the “club”. I then bought my patches so I can get “patched in”. Then I proceeded to buy about 6 or 7 patches that ALL contain pink in them. I refuse to have my vest look like all the others. Blacks with brown/yellow-ish patches. Acky-poo.

Nope – mine will have PINK all over it if it kills me. I even figured out a way to put pink laces all the way down the sides.

Rambo just laughs at me. Some day I’ll have my very own pink bike to match my vest – I promise you. I’ll have to take a picture of my cool patches for you guys.

Today is my second WW weigh in. I don’t want to say I’m dreading it because I’m not. Not in the way of “OMG – I have been eating shit and not working out” dreading it….but in the way of “I ran/walked a total of 70 minutes on the treadmill last night and was dripping with sweat and today my muscles are very sore and retaining water so my weight is up” kind of dreading it.

Even during Easter I refrained from going overboard. I know the scale will show a gain today BUT in my head I know that it’s not real. It’s from working out. My body always shows a gain after working out.

The key is to not let the fake gain get to me mentally. I’ve stayed within points for 2 weeks AND have consistently worked out and eaten more fruits and veggies and drank more water in the last two weeks than I probably have in the last two years SO the goal is to focus on that and know in my head that I am finally doing right by myself.

No matter what the scale says.

Later, my Skittledoves.

15 comments:

Dawnya said...

I love Rambo!! I would totally do that...on purpose.

Kelly said...

Rambo sounds like good people to me. :-) Good luck today at WI - I'm sure you will do well!

A.J. said...

MY DAD DID THE SAME THING!!!! Bwahhahaha!!! Even better is that he didn't know he had done this until after he was already home and my Mom and I were like, "Um, did you wear THAT to the gas station??" We also live in a super small town so I am surprised I didn't get 50 calls about my Dad running around in his boxer shorts.

Kristin50 said...

LOL Rambo is a great person I just can tell!

I have missed you, I love your blog it makes me smile so! I will be thinking of you today!

MandaPanda said...

Yikes! That IS tired!

I hear you on not letting the scale derail our good efforts. You KNOW that it's not a real gain...just keep telling yourself that. Proud of you!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Good luck! I bet you'll be surprised!

jennxaz said...

sounds like you are rocking WW...I bet you will be surprised in a good way!

Beth Ann said...

You are doing great, Draz. Totally inspiring with your WW goodness!

Robyn's Nest said...

If I showed up anywhere outside my house without pants, I imagine I woud be arrsted for scaring people!
Can't wait to see a picture of your pimped out pink vest.

Joey said...

Hahahaha! .........Rambo.

Maren said...

Ahahahaha, priceless!

RockBand Barbie said...

That totally made me have a good giggle for the day :)

Brenda said...

Rambo made my day! I haven't laughed this hard in days! Way to go Rambo!

Tully said...

Hilarious... I totally understand that level of tired! I must admit that I know quite a few guys who would do that, but not understand why it is a problem...

Mari said...

Could literally fall down and die happy, that is such a funny story! Was Rambo terribly embarrassed?! Tell me more of this fake weight gain after working out thing - I saw an EVIL number on the scale this morning, but I worked out HARD yesterday, so maybe it's the same as you? Love x