Friday, May 11, 2012

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

It’s Friday fun day! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog if you so desire and have fun!


1. Are you a “wake up on the first beep of the alarm clock” or a “hit the snooze button 50 times before you get up” kind of person? Is your alarm clock set to the right time?

• Oh good God in heaven and St. Peter’s peepee…I am soooo a hit the snooze 50 times kind of girl. I do not sleep well ever so it’s reeaalllyyy hard for me to get up. And I have 2 alarm clocks and yes – one is completely set 20 minutes ahead of the real time so I can fool myself into thinking it’s later than it is….but my brain knows I do this. It’s something a brainless crack whore would do and I realize this but it works for me.

2. Do you decorate for any holidays other than Christmas?

• We have a pretty big fireplace in our house that is the focal point of our living area and when I used to be a good mom who was hell bent on not ruining my children – I used to literally decorate the fireplace for every single month. New Years, Valentines, St. Patty’s – all of them. Once a month I changed things out – lights, décor and all. My kids loved it.

Now I know that decorating a fireplace won’t fix the scars I’ve given them so I gave up. No really – I just got too busy and too tired. Blech. These days I literally wouldn’t decorate for Cmas if my kids didn’t beg me to. It just represents work to me. And I have enough work to last a lifetime without adding to it.

3. Would you consider yourself a spontaneous fly by the seat of your pants kind of person or a massive OCD controlling planner kind of person or someone in between?

• It pains me to say this but yes, yes – I am the OCD plan out when I’m going to pee kind of girl. I won’t tell you how many planners I have for each function/job in my life. Lists are things I live by and I panic when they aren’t within reach. Rambo knows when I die – the first thing he should do is find my planners and he’ll have everything he needs to know regarding our finances and life.

With that being said – I am actively trying to be more spontaneous. That is sometimes hard with young kids because sitters need to be planned but jumping on the Harley and going for a quick ride just because is a start. Spontaneous = panic, anxiety, the unknown and no control and I struggle with that. I couldn’t control anything as a child so as an adult – I’ve been in overdrive most of my life. It’s kind of exhausting, really.

4. Tell me some of your MUST have hair products that you use consistently….you know - share your “hair routine”.

• I always use some kind of root booster/volumizer at my roots because I have fine hair. Right now I’m using Aquage and Big Sexy spray mousse. Then I blow dry the hell out of it. Then 80% of the time I curl every piece using either a 1” or 1 ¼” Hot Tools curling iron for loose curls. For tighter curls I curl every piece with a curling wand. 20% of the time I use a flat iron and wear it straight.

Right now I’m a big fan of teeny bows and little feathers in my hair peeking out. I use Paul Mitchell liquid hair spray AND Kenra aerosol hair spray. My hair right now is fairly long…quite a bit past my shoulders I’d say and even then – I wear extensions a lot for fullness vs. length. I have dark brown hair I color myself. My mom is a beautician and she buys professional bleach and color and has taught me how to mix it so I do my own whenever I get grays.

5. Repeat question: How was your week and what are your upcoming weekend plans?

• My week was good. I had a lot of fun chats with my bestie and stayed on plan with my Weight Watchers too. This week was FULL of board meetings and votings and errands so I feel like I haven’t sat down once. This weekend I have landscaping to do, Mother’s Day to see my mom, a girl’s night, and a women’s Harley day.

Rambo gets his 2nd arm band tattoo today and I “might” get to see a first draft of mine for my leg. This week Rambo was elected temp President/Mayor of our village so that’s been a whirlwhind and we found it that it’s likely to be permanent in the near future.

My Harley biker vest is being sewn TODAY. I can’t wait to show you it all done!! Next weekend I think we are going on a huge ride with lots of people and literally just finding a hotel and stopping!! (see – I can do spontaneous!)

Oh and the biggest news of all? So far the head lice is GONE. Sweet Jesus – I don’t even want to talk about it. Though I do have a story for next week that is WORSE than lice. No kidding. It’s horrific.


Have a good weekend Skittles! May you all ride unicorns and poop rainbows every day!

5 comments:

jennxaz said...

you seem to kill that lice asap! that was quick!oooh mayor....what does that make you....Mrs. mayor!

MandaPanda said...

I believe that makes you First Lady of Podunk...right? :)

jen said...

http://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/bring-your-own-crazy-2/

Laura Belle said...

First of all, I'm not surprised at all that you're a snoozer. Or a planner-plan-planner. It just seems like you!

I think being First Lady of Podunk requires that you wear a pink sparkly crown. Every. Day. And I'd say that you should get free skittles, but we don't want to funk up that amazing WW deal!!!!

Have a lick-licious weekend love!

FitBy40 said...

Oh Good God, Lice!? I had my fill of bugs with the tick my daughter had in her head. I can't handle much more than that.