Friday, May 18, 2012

BYOC!!! Bring Your Own Crazy!!

Anyone know what day it is? I don’t have to tell you – do I? Fine. Fine. It’s FRIDAY!!! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer five little questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!!


1. What religion were you raised as a child, if any, and are you still a member of that faith today? Why or why not?

Selfishly, I ask this because I have a lot of questions about what happened to my faith. I was raised Catholic. Never missed church and I’d say my parents were borderline “strict” Catholics. I drank whatever Kool-aid they served up about our religion – because I was a child and I didn’t know any better and mostly because I wanted to do everything they said so they would love me more.

Today? I have revolted. Big time. If it sounds like I’m proud of that revolting…I’m not. I’m actually mad at myself for backing away from everything I ever knew religion-wise. I struggle daily to figure out why I’ve walked away. I want to know why. I need to know why. But for the life of me I can’t even force myself to be a “practicing” Catholic right now. And it doesn’t feel good. I have an idea of possibly why I’ve walked away but it’s a decision solely based on past pain and hurt and bitterness and as an adult today – it doesn’t seem valid. It seems immature and lame and almost like an excuse because I won’t let myself admit the real reason…but yet…I still feel it and allow it to keep me away from my church.

2. Do you have an all time favorite candy or do you change favorites often?

First of all – you all know I’m going to say I love Skittles and the chocolate version of Skittles – which is M&Ms. Taste is a factor but I can seriously say that the bright colors of both make my day and are a huge reason why they are my favorite candies. BUT I do change favorites often beyond that. A few months ago – I couldn’t get enough Milky Ways. Then I was addicted to Heath bars. And now?

Um – WHITE Kit Kats. It’s the whole white thing. Virgin candy. Unique color.

Oh who am I kidding? It’s cuz they are orgasms wrapped in pretty white/orange packages. Period. (It is not even 7:30am and I am eating one now. Addict much?)

3. Are you a green thumb? Do you landscape your yard or plant any flowers or a garden? Do you pay someone to do it for you? Do you not plant a single thing?

Ugh. This question exhausts me. I mentioned in my posts this week that we’ve been in our home just over 10 years and magically – that means that all our landscaping reached its limit and needs to be redone in some way. That wouldn’t be such a big deal except that we live on an acre and I’d have to say that nearly ½ of the acre is covered in landscaping. I’d love to bitch about this but I can’t - because I’m the one who did all the landscaping.

On top of what I already had, when my parents home flooded and they had to leave their home – I spent hours upon hours going back there digging up nearly every flower my mom had ever planted and replanting them at my house. I swore the flood wasn’t going to take everything…and now I’m paying the price. I have weeks worth of work to do. Thank God Rambo has agreed to help me. I should take before and after pictures. I mainly dabble in rare day lilies, irises and hostas. I do not garden. Jesus frick – there’s just no time for such a healthy thing.

4. Let’s just say you were a tattoo junkie and you were planning your next tat and it had to be words only. What words would you choose? A quote? Phrase? One word? Would you do it in English or a different language?

Um yah – another question just for me. I wrote about nixing my current tattoo idea this week after an unpleasant internal struggle….which leads me to the dilemma of what I should get instead. I’m leaning towards words. (or a cupcake if my bestie would finish drawing it…hint hint Jenny…lol)

If I get one word or a few words, I’d probably pick “unbreakable” or “warrior”. One of my commenters a while ago said that the mantra for compassion is “Om mani padme hum” and I kind of like that. I like “I fly with my own wings” with some intricate wings around it. I’m not sure if I want the words in English or a different language so that most people don’t know what it says but I would. I just don’t know if I want the tat to be “a secret only I know the meaning of” or if I want the tat to be in English for everyone to boldly see.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week.

Oh gosh – this week has been a myriad of emotions. I made the decision to nix the tat with a reference to my dad in it. I took on a scary sex challenge and hope to try that soon.

A blogger friend of mine came back to blogland after she took a bit of time off to have her “beautifuls” (twins) and it’s refreshing to have her back. She’s a blogger that reads between the lines of my posts and I missed her and her comments.

Read mentioned there are only 133 days before BOOBs and I’m soooo excited. So excited that I’ve bought a few Coach purses just to have for the trip. They are necessary to make shopping easier. Duh.

My Banana spiked a 103 fever last night due to a bad ear infection and I hate it when my kids are sick. It makes me feel vulnerable and I just want to take it away for them.

School is almost over – YAY!

Rambo finally has one day off this weekend so we are going to jump on the Harley and ride like the wind and maybe pick a hotel and stop just for the hell of it. I cannot wait to spend time with just him. I’ve seen him every day but I miss him terribly.

Have a good weekend gumdrops!

8 comments:

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

just thinking about white kit kats makes me want to gag. first of all, the kit kat was perfect in original form. 2nd, i hate white chocolate. it's not even chocolate.

Angel Shrout said...

Ok on the first one is it possible you are not looking for religion with all its rituals and rules but instead a relationship? I mean after all Jesus himself said religion was not what he came to bring about. Religion is what got the Jews into the mess. As a Christian I have been where you are. I know how hard it hurts when the church fails because we have this vision of what they should be. Instead I have opted for a church to be a feeding place for my spirit but I can connect with God and Jesus without them. Does that make sense??The tattoos I love them but don't have one, I am terrified of needles. IF I were to ever get one it would have my mom on it, she passed away this past December. My favorite candy wow definitely Heath or Skor. I have to suck all the chocolate off and leave the english toffee to eat by itself. I know I am weird lol

jennxaz said...

wow I did not realize boobs was so close...can't wait to meet you and your purses!

jennxaz said...

wow I did not realize boobs was so close...can't wait to meet you and your purses!

Read said...

Look - I got a shout out!! Woo Hoo!!!

You and I, babe, are going to have a long talk about religion one of these days!!

kagead said...

White Kit-Kats? No. Wrong. Sorry. It's ok. I forgive you.

jen said...

i like the idea of quote tattoos on feet.

http://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/bring-your-own-crazy-3/

Jen from Oregon said...

Hope the ride with the hubby was great!