Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scary sex project.

A certain person in my life suggested I try Kama Sutra (sp?) sex. Or is it Karma Sutra? I don’t know.

Side note – yes – I could be spelling kama sutra wrong but I refuse to google it at work. I think you can guess why. Just deal with the misspelling, alright?

Anywhoozle, words that she used to describe her experience with kama sutra sex were: hot, exciting, romantic, different, bonding, hot, and hot. When I asked her what I would have to do she described something that isn’t sex at all. Well, it’s like mind sex. Almost sex. Sex…ish.

You sit anywhere, cross-legged (never mind that only 5 year olds can do this comfortably for any length of time) with your partner and you stare into each other’s eyes for as long as you can. That’s it. No lie. It can be 30 seconds or 10 minutes. The longer the better.

You can laugh. In fact, you will absolutely giggle and laugh and that’s okay. You do that and move on and stay in eye contact. After a while you begin to touch your partner everywhere – mainly non-sexual areas. Arms, head, face, legs…etc. Places we often ignore.

Then you can begin to kiss. And I’m not going to tell you what happens next.

To quote a certain person in my life, “After that – it’s on like Donkey Kong!”

I asked, “Can’t I just wear a thong? It produces the same result without all the nasty eye contact stuff?”

She said no. I have to do the eye thingy.

Seriously? The thought of doing that with Rambo makes my stomach hurt. I mean I’m a “keep my eyes closed during sex” kind of girl.

It’s too intense for me. Too vulnerable.

Sometimes I tell myself – keep your eyes open – look at him…but that requires too much focus and I’d rather focus on ahem…other things.

And the fact just is that this anxiety-ridden, slightly insecure girl doesn’t make or keep eye contact with anyone in my life.

I told this certain someone that doing this – allowing someone to look into my eyes for a long time scares the hell out of me.

Because then Rambo could see into my soul. And I’m not sure my soul is open for viewing. I’m not sure my soul is worthy of being viewed. I’m not sure I can be that vulnerable and trust that much.

Ridiculous but true.

So then the other night Rambo said out of the blue as we were both working on our computers….

Hey. We should pick a month and have sex every day of that month. Like start on the 1st.


I said, “Why do we have to wait until the 1st? Today is the 15th. Can’t we go from May 15th to June 15th? Then we can start today.”

No. We have to start on the 1st. It just makes more sense.

Now – at that moment – I couldn’t tell if I was more proud that for once – my husband said something as OCD as I would have in that logically it just makes better overall organizational sense to begin such a project on the 1st day of a month.

Or more proud that he wants to have sex with me every day for 30 days.

I’m a little worried about 30 days straight – I must admit. I mean in all honesty – vaginas are a lot like purses. Even if you buy a good, quality one – if you use it every day – it’ll eventually wear out. It won’t function the same over time. It’ll be tired and have to walk bow-legged. Wait. That’s not right.

What I’m getting at is – if we partake in this little endeavor….there will be plenty of opportunities to try this Kama Sutra crap. Which I promised my certain someone that I would do.

I think I’d rather die and come back in my second life as the lint in Satan’s belly button.

But I’ll try it.

So how about you? What do you think of this Kama Sutra eye thingy? Ever tried it? Wanna try it and let me know how it goes so I can perfect the method before I do it? Wanna tell me to shut up and stop asking you such personal questions? Want me to stop telling you every detail of my life? Yes?

Okay.

Fine.

Well not really.  I'll be back soon to tell you how our "eye sex" goes. 

I bet you're on pins and needles, huh?

12 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I actually like looking at my husband and watching him. As far as the staring contest- we would be laughing like idiots for a while but then the hot stuff would eventually take over, fo' sho. Also, who said it had to be strictly vagina? There are other things that do constitute "sex." I usually don't count oral as sex, since usually sex isn't all that often, and let's face it, sometimes you just want to get banged. However, to give your pishy a break, a good hand job could make him happy!

andthencameforty... said...

Oh god. My husband just came home after 10 weeks away - and I KNOW he's super-horny - and he's only home for 10 weeks before he leaves again for work - and I KNOW it would be good for us to try something intimate and eye-contact-y...

But ugh, So. Hard.

Thankfully I just had a baby two weeks ago and thus have four weeks to wrap my head around the idea.

Steph said...

I have a book all about the kama sutra I can send you!

A.J. said...

I think the whole "30 days of sex" thing is very admirable. I will say, though, that it WILL get old very fast especially when you add in the whole "we have to sex today" element. ( This is coming from a gal who loves to get her freak on who is married to a guy who loves to get his freak on!!) I say this confidently, because ever since we have started trying to have a baby there has been a lot of "have to" sex, like, we have to do it every other day or every day for a week. Honestly, by the time my "fertile window" passes, I don't even want my husband to look at me let alone touch me.

Although, it could be fun to see how long you can go before it gets old.

LDswims said...

Given that this "cycle" is back to baby-making time...we apparently are also taking on a sex project...but since it's not so much for fun, and since we have twins, and since we are hoping to get pregnant and hopefully have more twins, it's probably gonna be a couple years before we want to *tackle* 30 days. We don't have enough energy right now for 7 days straight...

ugh!

Dawnya said...

Since I don't like touching it's pointless for me. I don't have that type of patience. Let's just get down to the nitty gritty of it all.

I think I was a man in my former life!

angel shrout said...

See this is exactly why I write an erotica blog!!As an overcomer of childhood sexual abuse getting to that intimacy level was HARD for me. Like you I preferred eyes closed, yadda yadda. Trust me when I say it will be worth it to let him in. The sex will be amazing. Like others said there are different levels of sex and intimacy and orgasm can be achieved without actual penetration. We should talk sometime... or check out my other blog cause I am all about the intimacy now..

RockBand Barbie said...

I can't handle doing the deed every day through the school year...but in the summer "it's on like Donkey Kong"

I don't think you need to worry about being vunerable with Rambo...I am quite sure that as much as he loves you, he has already seen into your soul :)

becca said...

i agree with you not sure i could do that i don't trust that well and this would be like opening my soul and i'm not sure I want that there;s alot of darkness in my soul and i'm not sure hubby could take it. think i'll stick to dreaming of Johnny Depp instead..just kidding i don't think of other men while with hubby i only dream f them afterwards ;)

Read said...

Ooooooh. I want to do this!!! You can do this if I can do this!!! We'll report back - ok?!

Kelly said...

Hmm - I'm not sure I have anything of substance to add to this, except, why not? Try something once & if you hate it, then never do it again.

No More Fat Pants said...

If I look at my husband too long, I tend to start mimicking his facial expressions and than he starts laughing and I start laughing.