Welcome to WTF Wednesday. I make a big list of things that make me want to scream WTF (in a good or a bad way)…for no other reason than it feels good.
- I finally found a pair of Harley boots to go with my snazzy “club” leather vest. (The lovely blogger Miss Katie J sent me two patches to put on my vest by the way…can’t wait to show you all) My Harley boots are called “Tracy”. I was looking for a boot with the silver Harley tab on the front or side…for the simple vain reason that if I’m going to pay out my ass because they say “Harley Davidson” on them…then that name better be visible even when I wear my chaps.
These suckers were clearanced to only $90 AND I had to buy a full size smaller than I usually wear. WTF! I mean that’s good but so weird. Harley boots clearly run big. There's nothing pretty and pink about them but here they are:
- I’m down another pound this week going into my 7th week of Weight Watchers. That makes my total down 8.5 pounds. WTF is up with that? (again in a good way). I don’t feel deprived or pressured. I’ve been running when I have time and when I want to and not guilting myself on days when it’s not possible.
- WTF is up with small town politics? I suppose big cities have it too. I can’t even put into words the amount of time and effort and thought Rambo and I put into our villages we work for…and sometimes we both just want to scream WHYYYYY???? That is all I have to say about that. Well that and I want to throw sand in some people’s eyes and kick them in the balls. And then point and laugh.
- We’ve been in our home 12 years this October and suddenly at the 12 year mark it appears that all the landscaping needs a makeover. WTF!! Now this would be fine if I was a normal person with one or two patches of landscaping. But nnnnnnnooooo! Ever the over-achiever – I have spent thousands of dollars and hours over the years and now have hundreds upon hundreds of plants, hostas and lilies to now move (10 yrs old = HUGE) and split. Literal tons of river rock to move. And craploads of dirt to get under my pretty nails. It makes my OCD insane just looking at it how it is now. I must fix it. Maybe I’ll take pics.
- Banana’s ENTIRE class has head lice. She called me on the phone and said to me, “Mama – I have the fleas!” Wow. I told her she doesn’t have fleas – it’s called lice. And now every night I get to sit like a monkey on The Discovery Channel and pick through my kid’s hair and swear under my breath at whomever brought this into my world – even though I know it’s no one’s fault. We have like 3 weeks left of school and this happened NOW! WTF. This shit ranks right up there on my list of things I hate as much as poop.
- I have a new addiction. WTF..so not in a good way. It is WHITE chocolate Kit Kat bars. In my little brain, somehow if the chocolate isn’t brown I tell myself it’s not as bad for me. Anything colored white is cleaner, more pure, less heavy, lower in calories…almost virgin-like you know?
- Rambo has this weekend off. WTF?! (in a good way) He’s taking me to a “Women’s Harley Day” and there’s going to massages, sales and a psychic. How cool is that? I’ll have a full report next week if I don’t chicken out!
Alright – your turn. What’s making you say WTF this Wednesday??