Friday, June 8, 2012

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

Friday, Friday, Friday – how I love thee Friday.

It’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer 5 little questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy to your own blog and enjoy!!


1. Do you know your credit score? Do you check it regularly? Does it matter to you?

We’re refinancing due to the low mortgage rates so this question popped into my head. I do know my score. I do check it regularly. It does matter to me. I have a banking and Accounting background so the general area of credit has always been familiar to me. I’ve seen what a low score can do even when that low score isn’t your fault. I’ve even heard that some employers are checking credit scores now.

2. What’s your go to “water-cooler-off-er” each summer? Small kiddie pool, “real” pool, sprinkler, public pool, hotel pool, or stay inside in the air and never don a bathing suit ever?

I think I’d have to say most of all of the above apply to me. First of all, I live in Podunk, population 16, so we do not have a public pool. Local towns only 20 minutes away have great ones though…and some are even free. We frequent those.

We also have one of those soft-sided blue pools that you take down after the summer is over. My girls are perfectly happy with a pool that is up to their chest deep while I crisp away in the sun next to them.

Lastly, we frequent my bestie Jenny’s gorgeous in ground pool. A lot. She’s nice like that.

3. Describe your phone cover…if you have one.

Mine is solid pink. They didn’t come in teal, dammit. It’s soft-ish. Of course I bedazzled the hell out of it like a 4 year old and put glitter skull stickers on the back and rhinestones on the front. It’s blinged out like I have the maturity of a 12 year old but whatever. It’s the little things in life that make me happy.

4. If you ever had a wedding, what were your colors or theme? If you aren’t married – but plan to be some day – what will your colors or theme be?

Today is Rambo and I’s wedding anniversary so this question seems appropriate for me.

I got married in the early 90s when things were slightly whacked out fashion-wise. My bridesmaid’s dresses were flowered – pinks, perriwinkles and blues. Nope. I’m not kidding. I said flowererd.

Wanna know something else crazy? They didn’t carry bouquets. No, no. I had to be “unique”…aka cheap and ridiculous. They carried cute straw hats with flowers around the brim. LAME.

So yah…my colors were a mixture. The theme was…dumb. There was no theme…other than Rambo and I are paying for 80% of this entire wedding by ourselves – for 500 people. Jesus.

Now just for shits and giggles – if I was to get married TODAY….well then helloooooo – my dresses would be Tiffany teal color. I’d wear a crème/ivory dress with a TEAL sash.

To. Die. For.

Or I could be like my aunt and dress my maids in a rainbow effect and have them carry lace umbrellas. No lie. 6 girls. One each in a pink, peach, yellow, mint green, light blue and lavendar dress. Pastel paradise in the flesh I tell you.

5. Repeat question: summarize your week.

My week was good but my God I felt like a chicken with my head cut off. This whole 7 jobs between Rambo and I thing can make my head spin. People are catching wind of Rambo’s election so we’ve been dealing with the after effects of that.

I’m getting ready to get my sale blog up and running so that has been exciting. I should say Jenny is ready – she did all the work.

I spontaneously went to a big event last night and didn’t break out in hives. More to come on that later.

I have to work at a tattoo convention all weekend. Let’s hope there aren’t any butt tats this year again. If my writing never appears on another human’s ass again – I’ll be just fine with that.

I could go on but that’s the jist. And you’ve got to be sick of reading.

Have a good weekend, Skittles!!!

12 comments:

Jennifer @ What Would Jen Do said...

happy anniversary to you two!

jennxaz said...

Love your wedding "colors" the hats are priceless!!!! happy anniversary...great questions!

MandaPanda said...

LOL @ "Pastel paradise in the flesh I tell you." I wasn't going to do BYOC but now I'm thinking I need to as I actually have answers to all these questions. Hmmm...

Beth Ann said...

Looking at old wedding pictures always make me giggle. Even the most classic ones look dated and if you tried to be trendy or unique at all...look out! :-) Too fun!

Happy anniversary!

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

Happy Anniversary. I personally was the mint green in a pastel paradise, it was dotted swiss over mint green and white check...loverly. It looked great with my Dorothy Hamil hair though.

Esther Cotton said...

Your BYOCs are always so entertaining and addicting. I finally did one myself on my blog. Lol.

"Pastel paradise in the flesh..." <-- I love that. Hehe.

- Esther
http://roseywinterrose.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Happy anniversary!

Erm, when you say flowered, do you mean like tiny little flowers or REALLY BIG more obvious than the hat bouquets flowers?

I think a picture of such dresses is in order. Crop their heads off to protect their identities and show us! Please .... x

becca said...

my credit score stinks, I swim in pool we bought 3yr ago on sale, didn't have big wedding so no color scheme and no phone cover

Ducky said...

A tattoo convention sounds awesome! My credit score...meh...it is actually pretty good but I'm working on being debt free so I'm sure it will start dropping in the future.

Joanna said...

You really picked some perfect questions for me this week - nailed a lot of stuff that I'm currently thinking about.

Happy Anniversary!!

I did my BYOC this morning - actually on a Friday, can you believe it?? But, I'm just now getting to commenting. I know, I'm bad.

Miss S. said...

Happy anniversary!! I had several friends get married one year and pick various shades of purple. I had a closet full of hideous purple bridemaid dresses. Actually...pretty sure my mother still has a closet full. Damn I hate being a bridesmaid!

20 to go! said...

I lurve teal! There is a footy team here in oz that has teal colours and I have bought out their whole wardrobe!