Tuesday, July 31, 2012

If you knew me.........

Okay listen – I have to say I have virtually NO idea who started this little “if you knew me” blog entry trend so I can’t honestly give someone credit for it. Just let it be known, I’ve seen it floating around blog world and I liked it so I’m going to do it here on my space. To whomever invented it….thanks!


************************************************
If you knew me, you’d know that I spent way too much of my life caring way too much about what other people think of me and way too little time caring about how I think of me and I’ve only recently begun to change that in the opposite direction.

If you knew me, you’d know that I have had elective plastic surgery twice (breast reduction and tummy tuck) and virtually no one in my real life knows about either one of them.

If you knew me, you’d know that the thing I hate most in life is conflict and that I’ll go to any length to avoid it….and it’s not a trait that I like about myself.

If you knew me, you’d know that I rarely cry but I feel thoughts, feelings, opinions and emotions on a deeper level than most people.

If you knew me, you’d know that I’d rather shop for office or school supplies every day of the week and twice on Saturday than to shop for clothes or even shoes.

If you knew me, you’d know that I have more clothes and shoes than probably 10 normal women combined and every time I step in my closet…it kind of disgusts me because my heart knows I filled my closet for years to try to fill a void inside of me.

If you knew me, you’d know that I write poetry and children’s books and journals and this blog – and I’d still write them all even if not one person ever read a word. Writing is my peace.

If you knew me, you’d know that my tattoos are in the top ten list of things that I love most in this world.


If you knew me, you’d know that I am a conservative Republican and I’ll still love you even if you aren’t.

If you knew me, you’d know that even though I dress up nearly every day, I’m most comfortable in jeans and a sports bra, no makeup, with my hair in a pony doing things like baling hay or landscaping – covered in sweat and dirt.

If you knew me, you’d know that I sleep with a stuffed bunny and a stuffed bear that are over 20 years old and given to me by Rambo back when I was 15. I pack them on trips and have a hard time sleeping without one arm around each stuffed animal.

If you knew me, you’d know that I’ve watched people I love go through floods, cancers, Alzheimers, suicides, drugs, pain and enough heartbreak to last a lifetime….yet I survived and am stronger today because of all of it.

If you knew me, you’d know that I once took naked polaroids of myself and put one picture in numbered envelopes for Rambo to open for each day he was gone on a hunting trip. It’s fairly safe to say he missed me…a lot.

If you knew me, you’d know my favorite weather is rain.

If you knew me, you'd know that when I see Rambo and my two girls together, sometimes I gasp out loud in shock because I'm so stunned by the emotion it makes me feel.


If you knew me, you’d know that I could go on and on with these lists…but I’ll stop now.

***************************************************

How about you? What would someone know about you if they really knew you?

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love this!! And I love that I've read every post you've written and I "know" so much about you and what you wrote on this list, yet we've never met.... that will change soon in September!!!

jennxaz said...

polaroids!!!OMG that took cajones---!!!!
Love your list---so similar to mine its scary--can't wait to meet you my little booblet!

Joanna said...

Wow, I love this!!

I'd post mine here - but I'm thinking this would be a great blog topic for tomorrow.

I guess I could say, if you really knew me you'd know that a majority of my blogging ideas come straight from you!! :) But, you knew that already... LOL

Kelliann said...

LOVE <3

Julie Taylor said...

Love this..as always :) I think I may have to steal this...

Ronnie said...

Ha, love the naked polaroids idea! Gonna have to try that sometime! :)

Sarah said...

I did the naked photos over the mobile to my ex before he went away once.

adorkbl said...

haha... I bet Rambo opened all the envelopes without waiting. ;)

LDswims said...

A lot of that I knew...but I wouldn't begin to claim I know you. Yet, I do, oddly, because we are so very alike. What I know most about you is that your support and love can prop a person up more than they ever could have imagined - and I know this first-hand. I know that only through the cyber world - so heaven only knows how great it is in real life.

Love you!