Let me just say that I’ve never been a girl who likes to fish. I did it plenty of times as a kid but as an adult, I can openly admit that the whole putting a live worm on a hook thing just about makes me hurl. Which reminds me – as a kid - do you know that I used to hunt nightcrawlers?
Do any of you know how to do that? It’s like a sport when you live in Podunk and you’re sick of playing staring contests. You wait until dark and wait until there’s dew on the grass and you go out with your flashlights looking for huge nightcrawler worms that are out of their holes and you pounce on them and pull them out of their holes.
Then you feed them to fish at a later date.
I cannot even fathom doing such a thing now. What a terrible flashback.
Alright – anyway – holy shit – I do have a point. I’m pretty sure there’s a fishing term known as “catch and release”. If there’s not – well then I just made it up and now there is. Feel free to use it. I won’t even copyright it.
For me, I shall not catch and release. Or fish at all in fact. I shall “write and release” instead. I’m feeling slightly full of fears, angers, and anxieties today and I’m going to write them in order to try to release them. It better work because that was one helluva long explanation and I’m pretty sure half of you quit reading a while back.
Here we go:
• I am spending the entire day with my extended family tomorrow…along with Rambo and my girls. To say this is creating anxiety within me is like saying OJ Simpson is guilty. There’s no doubt about it. I’m fairly sure the migraine I got this morning is about this.
• I have my end of week 3 weigh-in tomorrow along with the other challengers. I’m not super nervous about this BUT I’m not completely confident either.
• I was on the treadmill for 60 minutes last night and if I had to guess, I’d say I ran for about 20 of those minutes here and there. I never put my speed over 3.4mph because I was afraid my legs might break if I did. I’m afraid I may never be a runner again…and I really want to be.
• I am anxious about summer being over and school starting. I love no bedtimes and no getting up times and not caring what my kids have on for clothing or sports events or drama. I just love summer. I hate it when it’s over.
• I am worried about a stupid, ignorant, fart-blasting, *&^%$# government report that I filed for my 3rd job that is incorrect! I do not want to do it over. I just don’t. I’d rather share a birthday cake with Satan. Ugh.
• I’m anxious about taking the day off tomorrow to spend the day with the extended family because I hate taking days off unless it’s a Friday. I like to stay ahead of my work and coming in to work with piles waiting makes me irritated.
• Rambo and I belong to a club that fundraises for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and our biggest event of the year is Saturday and I don’t have a sitter. I’m slightly worried about this because I may have to call the mother-in-law. God help me.
• I’m mad at myself for skipping the board meeting last night. I wasn’t prepared to go so I’ll have to go next month. I have to deal with people not paying their bills and I just don’t want to. Blah.
• I’m mad that chocolate has calories and I want to eat mounds of it and take a bath in because I’m stressed about tomorrow. Kill me now.
Whew – okay, that’s enough for this week.
How about you? Are you worried about anything? Feeling anxious about something? Irritated?
Well then, write it and release it…sort of like fisherman do.
Give me a break. If I didn’t call it something catchy like “Write and Release”, then this post would have to be titled something like, “Bitching by Draz. Pity Party for one.”
And c’mon. That’s just not fun at all.