It’s time for Triple T…Ten Things Thursday…courtesy of Miss Laura Belle!
I should probably warn you that all 5 of my items may sound pissy, grumpy, catty or petty or completely asshole-ish. Just roll with it. And be glad you’re not in my head. They’re just my opinions.
Feel free to take ‘em or leave ‘em.
Feel free to take ‘em or leave ‘em.
1. Not far from where I live, this happened. A man and his brother set a house on fire. Doesn’t sound so tragic, does it? Well…just wait. The man set his OWN house on fire. With his 3 kids and pregnant wife inside it. His brother helped because he was told he’d get $300 for helping. The 7 year old and 5 year old boys were found face down by the door – that was locked from the outside. Dead. The mother woke up and threw her 2 yr old little girl out of the window into the Dad’s arms – and he tried to throw her back into the fire. The mom ran out of the house and realized her boys were still in there so she ran back in – as the father stood there. She is in critical condition with only a 10% chance of living. She was 4 months pregnant and that baby has died inside her. The 2 year old has survived. Can you imagine her life when she’s old enough to be told what happened? And the father did it because he wanted the life insurance money on all of them. Come to find out he hadn’t paid his premiums so there is no life insurance. They all died for nothing. And the Dad lives. He will probably end up at the prison where Rambo works because in any other prison he’d be killed instantly. Honestly…there just aren’t words.
2. Regarding all the attacks on US Embassies by the Muslim Brotherhood – especially on 9/11…I want to shank them all. I understand being insulted hurts but Americans are insulted every day for all kinds of reasons and we don’t cover our faces, gather mobs, take to the streets and kill innocent people to retaliate. We honor the insults thrown at us knowing that behind them is the freedom of speech that so many fought for. If we want – we can hurl insults back or walk away. What possesses you to use your religion and hurt as a reason to kill innocent people? How I wish I could be in the White House for a day. I’d pull all foreign money aid and pull all Americans from your countries. I’m so over helping you kill us. So over YOUR outrage that somehow gives you permission to do any wretched thing you so choose.
3. Regarding the Chicago teacher strikes. Hmmmm…you turned down a 16% pay raise I hear? Funny. Rambo watches pedofiles, rapists and murderers every day and he hasn’t had even so much as a cost of living raise in over 4 YEARS. And the tenure issues. If you are a good teacher, I’d think you’d want to be rated on your performance. In my job, if I do a bad job – there are consequences. Doesn’t seem like all that bad of a concept. But what do I know? I just know that in an economy where millions are out of work – it sounds pretty bizarre that people with median salaries of $74k are choosing to strike.
4. I spoke with a teacher last night and she said and I quote: “Oh my gosh, if any of my students even got a D in my class, I’d be horrified. If a kid walks out of my class with a low grade or no understanding of the topic, then that’s a direct reflection of my teaching and my skills and I can’t have that. I can’t imagine letting that be okay.” Well said, Mrs. H. Well said.
5. I do not have a baby. I am not pregnant. I never will be again. Yet somehow, I’m addicted to the show Baby Story and almost cry during every episode even though the episodes are all circa 1980. I can’t help it.
That’s it for me today. I’m pretty sure I pissed off enough people so far so I’ll stop here.
Oh and right before you decide to leave me a mean comment, read this first.
Have a great TTT, everyone!