Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Wish Wednesday.

I WISH that kids came with return receipts, money-back guarantees and power-train warranties. I know why they don’t though. Because on mornings like today, my ass would have been the first in line at the store asking to exchange my kid for some other angel who doesn’t throw tantrums and scream bloody murder before 7am. Would any of you like to know why my child threw a tantrum? Duh. Because she was cold. And didn’t want to get uncovered and get dressed. Ayup. Completely valid. An absolutely sane reason to scream, stomp one’s feet, do the ugly cry and blow snot bubbles. Gosh, I love starting my morning like this.


I WISH that everyone knew of my hatred of the P words…so that when I have a random discussion with my neighbor and she mentions that her husband has been puking and “shitting his guts out” she would know that my shanking her is just an instinctive reaction and it’s not personal. It’s just about the hatred of the P words.

I WISH I was more excited to work out tonight with my friend.

I WISH that my other friend wasn’t diagnosed with severe post-partum depression. It’s hard enough having an infant and then to deal with any of those kinds of feelings – just sucks. I told her to start using my tanning bed just to make her feel better and relax and have some time away from her baby. We’re just going to pretend that it doesn’t cause cancer.

I WISH it wasn’t the harvest season. I vaguely remember Rambo getting up at 3am this morning and hugging and kissing me goodbye and the next thing I remember is him laughing in the dark at me. Apparently in my half-ass awake state, I refused to let go of him. Oopsie.

I WISH a person I knew would learn to give 100% to a few things instead of 10% to a billion things. Rambo has his hands full with the prison and semi jobs and he doesn’t need her errors to make the other 2 jobs difficult. He just doesn’t have the time and patience for that at the end of an 18 hour work day and it makes me want to punch her in the vagina.

I WISH I could live in Jax Teller’s pocket. He’s the head of the motorcycle gang on Sons of Anarchy. And I love him. Cuz he’s so hot. And he’s the bad boy. And did I mention he's a biker?  Mmmm...

I WISH that people cared as much about the economy and politics as much as the people around me have cared about the Packer game ref screw-up this week. I love football as much as the next guy but if I haven’t protested about wages, gas prices, healthcare, or the Middle East terrorism…then I don’t think I’ll be protesting about a football game. Just seems a little skewed to me….but that’s just me, I suppose.

What do you wish today?

12 comments:

FitBy40 said...

I only had mild post partum and that was bad enough. I can't even imagine what your friend is going through.
Moving to Wisconsin I've had a crash course in just how serious people can get about their sports teams. It's craziness around here!

Fit Mom said...

Ditto on your comment about Jax. Please make sure there is room for me in there too.

And I WISH that I could get rid of this cold. It is making it hard for me to breathe and my nose is raw. Really putting a hamper on my working out. I feel like I am having a constant asthma attack.

I WISH that my Kindergartner for once could get up in the morning, have no attitude with me, eat his cereal and drink his orange juice in a timely manner so he could enjoy his morning instead of me yelling at him to hurry up. Ugh.

So while I dont have girls, I am empathetic about the getting ready for school routine. It is starting already. With my 5 yr old. Nice thing is- he has been going to bed at 6pm because of that attitude. LOL.

jennxaz said...

I wish you were coming to BOOBS--thats all.

Jamie said...

First I love your blog...

Second I have a child who also loves to scream and cry before 7am about nothing!!!

Also Jax Teller...um H.O.T.T - my husband is also a biker and I just have a thing for sexy bikers...yummy!

Steph said...

I wish a safe trip to all the lovely ladies headed to Chicago this weekend. May their flights be issue free, on time and I hope they have a great time with friends, both new and old!

Laura Belle said...

I wish people weren't assholes.

Like the douche bucket that pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes on slick/wet roads. Then he flipped ME off.

Or the camel toe that came in my office complaining that we printed his shit wrong. Um no, check the blueprint....it's right.

Or.....well, moving on.

Sorry to be Johnny Raincloud there, it's just people suck sometimes.

Ducky said...

Pretending a tanning bed doesn't cause cancer is pretty damn therapeutic. Just had to weigh in on that...

Nowhere Better Than Here said...

I wish I could just be at home with my sexy hubby and my babies and just be with them, and make spaghetti and read books and watch a movie together and ride bikes outside....but the dang Rangers have to play all night this week and the state fair starts Friday and I have a Cowboys game on Monday. Ughhhh!!

Carla Birnberg said...

OMGOSH I LOVE JAX.
although the pocket isnt what I was thinking :-)

Miz.

Joanna said...

I wish I had more time at home with Hubby...and was able to get more sleep.

I wish the fall weather would make up it's mind and stay. I washed our down comforter all ready to start "snuggle" season... but it looks as though I'm gonna have to wait a little longer. BOO!

I wish that Banana and Jelly didn't share the same trait of throwing tantrums - especially cause they don't want to get out of bed. ;)

MandaPanda said...

I think it was just THAT kind of day..my youngest threw a fit at the end of the day because she didn't want to leave Grandma's house. I had to DRAG her out. Ugh.

I agree with the protesting thing. I think I was born in the wrong generation. I totally should've been around in the 60's.

LDswims said...

I wish that you lived closer to me or that I lived closer to you. That is all. I love you.