Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A 7 day recap, if you will.

Remember back when I started this blog and it was all about blowing Miss Sheniqua (my extra 15 pounds) off my body? Then I got distracted with P words like poop and puke and Rambo stories and of course, the kiddos.

Welllll….I’m going to try to kick Sheniqua to the ‘ol curb again. Stop rolling your eyes.
I’ve only said it 8,000 times before.

I shall recap for you.

For the first 7 days of the year, I have worked out every day. One day I worked out AND did Just Dance 4 with my kid (go ahead and applaud if you want). That’s what the pros would call a “two-a-day”.

Jesus balls – if that JD4 ain’t a workout in itself then I don’t know what is. Eesh.

I have either done the elliptical or the treadmill…alternating days. All with my neighbor. She comes over every day at 5:30 and we go to town. Well – we don’t really go to town.
We work out. We cuss and swear and nearly die.

We made big posters with motivational sayings on them and goals and our weigh-in chart and they are hung right in front of our machines. We took our measurements and our pictures. We are weighing in each Tuesday. Which leads me to today – um – Tuesday.

I’m down 2 pounds and so is my neighbor. Whoop!

Rambo and my neighbor’s husband alternate each day between cardio and lifting weights.

They weigh in on Thursdays.

Rambo and I are both down to less than 8 oz of pop a day. No, I’m not going to tell you how much we used to drink in a day. I don’t want you to fall off your chair.

I have stayed at or under 1400 calories a day for 7 days. I have pre-planned every meal and pre-cooked on Sundays. I have journaled every morsel of food I put in my mouth. I have tracked every mile and every stride that I’ve worked out.

Another friend of mine and I are emailing our food intake and workout plan to each other each day for accountability.

You wait - I will be a runner again. I will.

I will find myself again. Being lost was what I needed for a while. I needed to not give a damn about working out or caring about what I ate. I needed to be free of that just for a bit.

But it’s no longer okay to not care anymore. I find myself more focused than ever. I have an internal audit for my one PT jobs that could take 50 additional hours of work in addition to the other PT job and FT job and it’s not really even bothering me. I’ll get it done.

We’ve turned off the TV lately and spent time playing Just Dance or with Play-doh or even just coloring for an hour. Last night Watermelon and I played cards.

That’s not to say I’m not all jazzed up that new TV is back on! Bring on trashy reality!!

I finished my Valentine’s Day tree at home and in my office and they are glowing all pink and red and cozy each day and night.

Year end filing and taxes at all 3 jobs is enough to drive me insane…but I’ve been a resident of Crazytown for quite some time so it doesn’t scare me.

My house is staying relatively clean AND I’m even pre-packing Banana’s lunch the night before school.

I’m determined to make 2013 a fabulous year….and doing it beside Rambo is just icing on the cake.

I’m contemplating making a mileage goal for the year but am just not sure how to convert elliptical strides to miles.

I have 3 weddings and plans to wear a bikini come summer. I even plan to wear that fancy VS bra Rambo got me for Cmas without my boobies falling out every time I bend over. That’s right – I keep my goals realistic up in here.

Bring on the next 7 days! How was your first week of 2013??

14 comments:

Kelliann said...

LOVE this post! YOU GO GIRL!!
Also - can we have pics of the Valentine's Day Tree?? I TOTALLY wanna bite off you and do one!!

Rae Rae J said...

Yeah, girl!
And by the way, JD4 is SO much harder than most exercising I've done, lol!

MandaPanda said...

You are awesome. That is all. :)

LDswims said...

I love you. You rock!

My first 7 days? Almost an entire batch of sugar cookies all by myself. For desert I had a Kentucky Butter Cake. Add in a cup of whole milk a day peppered with 2-3 Dr. Peppers...yeah, how's that sound?

(And I lost 4 lbs...) I'm cuttin back. Yep. Can't you tell?

Good news is garage is cleaned out. Weightlifting is my goal again...and with our current schedule, I can do it. For the first time since the boys were born, I finally know I can add my exercise back in. That feels good just by itself!

JRD said...

Are you SERIOUSLY gonna be this awesome? Yeah, you are rocking out! I can't believe how much good energy there is floating out there around 2013, it is looking like it's going to be a great year, and we can handle anything!!!

Marc said...

My wife has developed a Wii Just Dance 3 and Just Dance 4 addiction. She did it once. And then again. I saw her developing a problem. She said I can stop anytime I want to. She was wrong. She had to do it in the morning. Then when she got home from visiting friends in the afternoon. Now in the evenings. I'm upstairs. I hear her yelling from the basement, "THREE STARS!" "FOUR STARS!!" We used to be a couple. Now it seems to just be her and her Wii habit. Maybe you can post a video of you and Rambo dancing to Wii, it will save some other family from the addiction;)

Desert Singer said...

WOOT WOOT ROOT TOOT TOOT!! Proud of YOU!!! I've never been a runner, but I want to become one this year. at least, a sort of walk-run-walker at minimum.

Very proud of the doing the planning... that is the HARD part!

YAY YAY YAY :-)

twenty kilos to go said...

GOod girl! You are rocking it! Will we get pics of the motivation posters cos that sounds like a good idea!

Wendie Haynes said...

It feels good to feel good! Good job to you so far!!!

Joanna said...

Wow!! You rock my socks off. What an amazing start to the new year!

I've had a pretty good week. I'm going with making small steps.. cutting out junk, more water, walking. I've done pretty well so far...and I'm also determined to make 2013 a great year. :)

jennxaz said...

You rock!!! Holy cow and a 2lb loss...you earned those 2lbs!!!! nice sweet--GREAT POST! I have my pompoms out and can't wait to see how the year plays out for you

Fit Mom said...

Love it! You are kicking the fat to the curb! Let me know if you decide to try Healthe Trim or if you have any questions. I am there for ya! You can do it chick! You had a great loss so far! If you need another motivational person for you, let me know. I can email or whatever you need.

Cat said...

This post is all kinds of win! Keep up the great work lady. I loved JD4! I have only done it once on cmas day, but I'm looking into getting it for the PS3 as it was fun and a great workout.

FitBy40 said...

Well, it looks like I found those 2pounds you lost!
I admire your organization skills and planning. I never know what we're having for dinner each night. It's awful! Sometimes I say "OK, we're having breakfast for dinner!" just because I have no better ideas. Ugh. I always try to be better but it never seems to happen.
Best of luck for the next 7 days at a time.