Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Operation "Kick Sheniqua's Ass" Update

Time for my weekly fitness/weight loss recap.

Sheniqua (the name I’ve given my “love handles”) hates Tuesdays because these Tuesday weigh-ins and updates just make it official that she’s slowly getting smaller and smaller. Dare I say that Drazil, my lovely inner demon, may be on his way out too. Only time will tell.

Okay, let’s get started.

I lost another pound this week!!

That makes 6.5 for the year so far and only 24.5 left to go to goal! I’m almost positive the loss is more than that because my legs are seriously sore from all the working out and I’m sure they’re holding water.

For the year, I’ve logged just about 54 miles and have 24 workouts in. Lately I’ve been getting back to doing more running than walking and started doing sprint work again. Against all reason, I have even gotten on the mother heifer machine from Satan regularly…the elliptical.

My food has been on point and planned out like nobody’s business. On Sunday nights, Rambo and I pretend we’re chefs and make an assembly line of 10 containers. I make the chicken and rice while he makes veggies and gravy. When it’s all done we measure and weigh the chicken, rice, and gravy and make each container a 300 calorie meal for lunch each day.

I’m back into eating hard boiled eggs and cottage cheese for breakfast protein. Starbursts are still working to fill my chocolate cravings after a meal. Fruits like raspberries, apples and pineapples are the only things I snack on.

When we go out to eat, we do the best we can….like instead of eating and ordering a large fry each – we share just one and order waters. It’s amazing how easy it can be if we make that choice and stick with it and do it together.

Speaking of doing it together, Rambo is kicking ass and taking names too. Even after full days of manual labor hauling hogs and washing the entire semi trailer – he still comes home and does the elliptical and lifts weights. He’s 1 pound away from having lost 10 pounds and I’m so proud of him.

I’m actually having a hard time getting enough calories in. I know that sounds completely assanine. The thing is that I’m eating a lot of protein so I’m not exactly hungry and the snacks I eat are low calorie. I’m not starving myself at all. I’m eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day and I even added in ½ can of Mt. Dew in my day as a treat now that I know it’s not an addiction anymore.

I should probably eat after my workout but I’m usually drenched in sweat and exhausted and the last thing I want to do is eat. I’ll figure it out.

I’m just shocked I haven’t had any full on binges yet. I mean every single day of this year has been healthy and on calorie point. That’s shocking. Just freaking shocking.
Maybe the old athlete in me is still in there, huh?

Remember how our neighbors worked out with us each night? The husband worked out with Rambo and the wife worked out with me? Last week the girl called and said she needed a break. In her second week, she gained 3 lbs and so did he. I feel bad about it but I can’t force them….and they said they’ll get back to it in February. We’ll see. Rambo and I are on our own for now but the social anxiety freak in me kind of likes it that way.

I still have a friend that I used to work with that still emails me her daily workout and meal plan and I respond back with mine. That’s a great accountability factor for me.

I cleaned out my shoe/clothes closet this weekend and took before and after pictures to show you!
I’ll try to post them this week.

Thanks for listening to my boring fitness/health stuff! I appreciate it very much!

I’ll go back to farting some exciting gumdrops tomorrow, I promise!

15 comments:

LDswims said...

I love you. I am so proud of you!

Sheniqua might be on her way out but Drazil makes you who you are. I love drazzie! Sometimes it's about embracing and not about evicting...

Tina @ The Bandit Girl said...

Yay!!!! You sound great! I love how well you are doing! Cheering for you in NC!

Anna said...

You are rockin' it! Sheniqua is in TROU-BLE!

Jennifer Kay said...

Have you guys taken "before" pics so you can show you progress to us someday?!?!?

Fit Mom said...

I love Tuesdays to hear how you guys are doing. I love that you and Rambo are doing it together too. It makes it so much easier when you dont have to prepare seperate meals. And the reason you havent binged is because you still allow yourself "cheat" things. Like splitting the fries or having a starburst. It keeps you from feeling deprived. HOWEVER I do recommend that you have SOMETHING small after you workout. For me, it is a piece of string cheese. It can be a hard boiled egg. Etc. Your body needs the protein after you workout to help rebuild the muscles- it might help cut down on the lactic acid build up in your legs too. Way to go girl! I am proud of you! AND I have problems eating enough calories too. I know. Sounds weird. Good to know I am not the only one. LOL.

Brandy said...

I feel you on the elliptical! I hate that thing. You are doing AWESOME!!! I wish I could say the same, but I am joining the YMCA (I totally just sang that) tonight and I am super stoked!!! Keep it up girl, and keep posting about it, it will make me feel like a complete failure and get my hiney into gear!

JRD said...

You are rocking so hard core!!!! So thrilled for your success - its amazing how the nutrition just flows when you are planned out, huh? Proud of you lady!!

Linda said...

6.5 pounds so far! That is awesome.
Keep it up babe!

Cat said...

Woop woop!! So very proud of you chicka!! And fitness and nutrition updates are never boring. :)

Barbara said...

You rock. Nice weight loss. The work outs sound great. It's paying off. I like the live you guys have in working together. Nice!!!

Joanna said...

You are so kickin' ass and takin' names!!

So happy for you!!

This is definitely our year, girl!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

You'll be there in no time!

jennxaz said...

You are rocking it! great job!

FitBy40 said...

I've been doing the elliptical on my non-gym days and normally I hate it too. Today though I brought a book with me and was shocked with it beeped that I was done...the time went by so fast!
Keep up the great work lady!

MandaPanda said...

You're doing awesome! Keep it up!

P.S. Don't worry about the calorie thing. If you're not hungry and eating when you are, then you're getting enough calories in. :)