Monday, January 28, 2013

What do you believe?

I didn’t go to church this weekend as usual. It could be because I didn’t wake up until 11am on Sunday or because I never go to church but who’s to say? It’s not really because I have some huge reason like someone thought yesterday when they asked me, “If you don’t believe in going to church on Sundays, then what do you believe in?”


Well, I’ll tell you heifer….just because you asked.

I don’t believe that people who go to church every single weekend have a better chance at going to heaven than anyone else. I know a lot of those people and let’s just say…church ain’t helping them.

I believe that there is such a thing as too much glitter but there can never be too much sparkle or bling.

I believe any man that I love should remember our first date anniversary, our wedding anniversary and my birthday and his kid’s birthdays. I don’t believe that “I’m a man” is a valid excuse to forget these things. They are important. Make an effort dudes. (for the record – Rambo knows all of these - without ever being reminded. He takes a vacation day for every one of these days so that he doesn’t have to work on them.)

I believe that blood doesn’t make you my family. Being called family is a privilege, not a right.

I believe that there is a big difference between being incapable of showing love and being unwilling to show love. I believe it’s a choice.

I believe in rising above bad experiences and hurtful childhoods instead of using them as an excuse to act like an idiot as an adult.

I believe in working hard, making sacrifices and not being a burden on society unless it’s necessary. I don’t believe in hand outs. I don’t believe the government owes me anything and I don’t believe in receiving entitlements that I haven’t earned.

I believe in the Second Amendment – even if that includes assault rifles. And yes, we own quite a few of them.

I believe in daily naps whenever possible. 

I believe that a woman can never have enough shoes, purses or clothes. It’s just not possible.

I believe in breaking cycles and always reaching for better and doing more.

I believe everyone should fart gumdrops once in their life and spend a day in Care Bear Land. Trust me, it’s bliss.

I believe in sleeping in the same bed as my husband until one of us dies.

I believe good marriages are full of good sex.

I believe that after death – we live on. I can’t believe anything but that.

I believe people make mistakes…a lot of them. But I believe in forgiveness – of myself and of others.

I don’t believe that you should be allowed to have 10 kids – if you expect me to pay for them.

I believe that sex has become less about intimacy and emotions and love and more about feeling good in the moment even if it means regretting it later. I believe that sex with everything that moves has become damn near acceptable.

I believe in the death penalty. And I believe most of the people Rambo babysits daily shouldn’t be alive.

I believe in making my kids work and do chores and not handing them everything unless they earn it. I believe in discipline and consequences and I believe that my kids should get to make their own decisions about their own beliefs.

I believe in a God that loves me – even if I don’t go to church every Sunday.

What do you believe in?

15 comments:

october 11 said...

Couldn't have said it better! I believe in God but was never baptisized and don't go to church regularly. Like you said, I know a lot of people who do go to church every week and they are not good people. I like the golden rule, do unto others....

Misc Mom said...

I think I believe every single thing you believe! Which is awesome! I love your blog and respect you and your husband so much! I've been a long long long time reader (stalkerish much - sorry) and I seriously could not have found a better inspiration not only for weight loss but happy and healthy and HUMOROUS living. Totally awesome!

Connie O said...

Very interesting list! I'd say our beliefs overlap about 80 percent of the time, but I might have trouble articulating mine so clearly.

Cat said...

I absolutely love this post. I also believe the one about the men remembering birthdays and anniversaries. If we can remember, they should too. By the way, G does. : )

I love your idea of making your girls work for things and not being handed things - so many parents these days tend to just give their children what they want.

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Amen on your welfare stance!

Jewlz280 said...

Good Lord... I just started following your blog and already, I think I kinda love you!

Marc said...

"I believe in a God that loves me – even if I don’t go to church every Sunday." Amen:)

FitBy40 said...

Oh, I love the one about not blaming your crappy childhood for turning into a crappy adult. I have a brother who could learn a lesson or two from you! Everything is someone else's fault. EVERYTHING!
We also make our kids work for things and try our best not to spoil them (that's the grandparents job anyway!)

Tina said...

I don't believe..in anything..just science. and I still like you and respect your believes :)

xxxooo

Karrie said...

I believe when you find a church that speaks to your soul, you have found the right church and will *want* to go every week, not to "fill the checklist" but to have your spirit filled each week ;)

Great list!

LDswims said...

I believe in you.

Beautiful blog. I love it all! I love you!

twenty kilos to go said...

I believe in you chicken! Well said!I have the same feeling about visiting graves. I think I can "talk" and remmeber the person without going to their concrete jungle!

tz said...

we could so be friends

jennxaz said...

word sista!

Fit Mom said...

well said!