Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Operation Kick Sheniqua's Ass Update.

Oh Miss Sheniqa….she’s just withering away. Bless her heart.

Here is this week’s “Operation Kick Sheniqua’s Ass” update.

I lost 4 more pounds this week bringing my total since January 1st to 10.5 lbs lost.

I don’t even know what to say about that really. I’m kind of in shock. Please, please, please – don’t throw pitchforks at me but I swear to you that it hasn’t been that hard. The big difference this time is Rambo.

Take for instance Saturday – the day of the torturous audit from Hell. I got home from that and I must have said 16 times to Rambo, “My God – I’d kill someone for a pizza from our favorite pizza joint right now.”

In the past – that’s all I’d have to say and Rambo would be on the phone placing an order and in the car going to get it. No lie. I barely had to utter the words no matter how far out of Podunk the pizza place is.

Now? Rambo just kept saying, “Nope. Let’s work out. We don’t need it. We have small pizzas in the freezer.”

Jerk. Him and his self control can suck it.

But I survived without the special pizza I really didn’t need. The urge to binge that night was soooo strong and cemented my belief that I’m a stress and emotion eater. I just kept telling Rambo, “I want to eat and eat and never stop.”

In the past, I would have. With wild abandon and a Mountain Dew to wash it down with followed up by ice cream.

That night however – I stayed within my calories and my ass got on the treadmill.

Victory!

I have officially put in 28 workouts this year for a total of 65.212 miles towards my goal of 400 this year. 334.788 miles to go!

Rambo says once we’re both buff, we should go on a cruise or to Hawaii. I hate traveling so I keep trying to convince him that I’ll wear a bikini on the back of the Harley and it’ll be just about the same…and cheaper.

I don’t know. Between you and me – this whole thing is weird. For years, I’ve wanted Rambo to get healthier and he’d do it for a few days but that was it. Today he’s a man who lifts weights and does cardio nearly every day. He pre-makes his meals with me for the prison days. He pre-makes his own low-fat sandwiches for semi days.

Just last night he came upstairs and said, “Check this out babe. This shirt is loose on me.”

He’s down 12.5 lbs as of today but he won’t officially weigh in until Thursday. Sometimes I get so proud of him it makes me teary-eyed. I’ve wanted this for so long…knowing the healthier he is hopefully the longer the girls and I have him.

Enough of the sappy stuff, huh?

I’m proud of me too. I have not missed a single day of recording my food or pre-prepping. I have logged every workout and haven’t gone more than 2 days without a workout. I care more. I wear nicer clothes instead of putting on the only thing that fits. I work on my hair longer. Care more about my makeup.

I value myself more…like I always should have. I have more energy. The only thing that hasn’t stopped is the migraines. And that’s been discouraging but I won’t give up.

Have I mentioned that “dessert time” with Rambo is way fun when you’re skinnier too?
Sorry. I can’t help it.

Rambo and I used to say we didn’t have time to work out or plan meals or the time to try hard enough to get healthy.

We were lying to ourselves. No one gave us more time in a day – and we’re still doing it.

And even though my kids are 7 and 12 – last night when I got home – I walked into the workout room to see Rambo lifting with the neighbor and there was the 12 year old doing the elliptical and the 7 year old on the treadmill screaming, “Mom – I’m walking at 2.8 on here!!!” One on each machine – switching every couple minutes because it was FUN and they got to be by Dad.

Some days are easier than others. Sometimes it’s not easy at all - but we’re doing it anyway.

Until next weigh-in….may your days be healthy and happy!

12 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

Wow, totally motivational post! Keep it up FOR ME because every time I read stories like this I put the fork down. :)

Rae Rae J said...

Good job girl!! You are kicking butt!!

Kelliann said...

*sigh* I LOVE this post!!! I can imagine the joy you felt when walking in on all the fitness fun going on! You ROCK!!

Anna said...

Simply, you rock. :-)

Kelly said...

I don't have a pitchfork to throw at you, but I do have a cross bow & a hatchet. I'm training for the zombie apocalypse. :-)

Angelwithatwist said...

See I need to get off my butt and do something. But it seems like every time I might get a chance to do for me 23 people pull me in 24 different directions needing something from me.. sigh..

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I'll give you a headstart when I throw it! LOL

Seriously, GREAT job!

~Miss Lorie~ said...

GREAT WORK! Keep kicking ass!

Joanna said...

That's freakin' AMAZING!! I'm so happy and so jealous all at the same time!! LOL

Fit Mom said...

Oh Draz!!! I am SO SO SO proud of you and Rambo AND the girls. I totally just got a tear in my eye. A huge victory for you by not giving in to the pizza and it is awesome you have someone for moral support. And can I say that if you already have 64 miles down that you will definitely reach goal early?? I would love to see how far you CAN run for the year!!

FitBy40 said...

Yup, my kids are 5 and 7 and they do the same thing. My oldest does one does one lap on the treadmill. Her goal this week is to do two. she's so proud of herself, and you're right, she thinks it's fun!

MandaPanda said...

You are rockin' it! So proud of you!