Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Operation Kick Sheniqua's Ass Update!


I’m pretty sure that I’m supposed to be pissed off and sad because for the first time this year, I’m posting a gain – but the thing is – I’m not.

I gained ½ pound…which means for the year I’ve lost 10 pounds.

I don’t know how to be sad or mad about that.

I am 4 pounds AHEAD of my schedule that gets me to my goal by the summer. I planned to lose 1 pound a week and I’ve lost over that each week.

Last night I knew I had some damage to un-do from the weekend, so I got on the treadmill – having just taken a migraine pain pill. Yup, I stepped on the treadmill with a migraine…and I thought I might die. I was sure I couldn’t put in the workout I needed to if I was going to salvage my weigh-in.

But I did it anyway.

About 15 minutes in to my workout, the pill started to work and I started to do sprints.
My tabata/sprints look like this:

Walk at 3.0mph – 30 seconds
Walk faster at 3.5 – 30 seconds
Jog at 4 – 1 minute
Jog faster at 4.5 – 1 minute
Run – 5mph – 30 seconds
Run faster – 5.5 mph – 30 seconds
Sprint – 6mph – 15 to 30 seconds

I did this for at least ¾ of my workout – which was 75 minutes total. It sucked but it was also exhilarating. I was watching Biggest Loser and as the trainers yelled at the contestants, I pretended they were yelling at me.

Faster! Harder!

Suck it Jillian!

6mph for some may not be fast but I’m 5’3” tall so my legs are pretty short. At 6mph my legs are-a-spinning. I can go up to 7mph but after that I don’t think my legs can turn that fast. LOL

I was WAY under calories last night and it didn’t bother me. Not after over-indulging this weekend.
If you play, you gotta pay, right?

I didn’t let a couple of days over calories take me off track to meet my goal. I refuse.

I felt like I used to feel when I used to run 5 miles a day at 6mph last night. My hair was dripping like I had just gotten out of the shower…and I loved every second of that feeling. I was the closest I’ve been to the runner’s high I used to feel that I’ve been to in years.

I am getting there.

I am strong. I am powerful.

Most of all – I am worth it.

Pants I bought just a few weeks ago are falling off of me. This weekend I went into a store and tried on a pair of size 12 jeans and they were way too big. I always think I’m bigger than I am. They didn’t have a size 10 but they had a size 8 so I thought what the hell and bought them.

I tried them on at home. They fit.

Rambo came upstairs this weekend dressed up for our date night and he said, “Babe, look.” He stood there and was able to pull his pants completely off without unbuttoning them. LOL. Score!

Last night Watermelon hugged him and I heard her say, “Geez, Dad…you’re getting skinnier! My arms fit around you different!” Score again!

Side note: I still hate him. He’s ½ pound away from hitting 15 pounds lost. Jerkface. Once he loses about 12 pounds, he’ll be in a new decade and under 200. I asked him last night – what then? What’s his goal? We have no idea for him….never had the luxury of deciding what his goal weight should be. It’s weird for us to think about but for the first time in a long time…but we are.

We sat in the bathtub last night just talking about goal weights and what we weighed on our wedding day….ah….memories.

We’re not giving up….even after a bad day. We got back on the treadmill and elliptical.

Being up ½ pound doesn’t mean shit to me….because next week it’ll be gone.

I can promise you that.

******************************
Oh and for the year up to today…here are my stats!

32 total workouts out of a possible 42 days this year

380 minutes for this month for a total of 23.85 hours for the year

2457 calories burned for this month for a total of 9070.5 for the year

22.16 miles this month for a total of 78.219 for the year and 321.781 to go to reach my goal of 400

10 comments:

Fit Mom said...

You are worth it babe! And yup. That half pound will probably be gone tomorrow. Nothing is as good as a good sweat huh?

Maybe Rambo's goal instead of a goal weight per say could be weight for lifting...I am sure added muscle would be great for his job.

Both of you are doing great. I am so proud of you!! Virtual (hugs) to you!

Connie O said...

Rambo is losing faster because he is way bigger than you--that's how it happens! You are doing fabulous, and it's great that you won't let a slight gain derail you. Keep on keeping it all in perspective.

Angelwithatwist said...

Size 8?? Seriously?? I couldn't get an 8 up my thigh.. You own that gf.

LDswims said...

You rock!!!

Damnit. It's about to make "me" start working out again. If we aren't doing another pregnancy, I have no reason not to start. So...damnit...cause I want to be pregnant...and then there's the stuff...

ILUM

jennxaz said...

love it! and an 8...you are killing it!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Wait- you both fit in your tub? I barely fit in mine. Add my husband and there's only about 8 gallons of water in it. I was looking forward to going away and taking a nice bath, but it was only a shower with no seat! :(

Cat said...

You are such a freaking inspiration lady. I'm a firm believer that 1/2 lb up this week means a stellar loss next week. You are rockin this!

Kelly said...

Pfft. That half pound will be gone by tomorrow.

Joanna said...

I love your attitude!! So contagious, and just what I needed to read. :)

FitBy40 said...

You're both doing fantastic!
So proud.