Friday, April 5, 2013

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!!



 It's time for BYOC!!!

We answer 5 little questions - some serious, some silly - to give our blogging brains a break and to get to know each other better.  Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!!

1. Tell us something that you want to do or wish you could do but you continue not to do it for fear of judgement or failure or of what others may say or do?


The first thing that popped into my head is tattoos. I’d probably cover myself in them if I didn’t work in a professional setting and if my extended family didn’t hate them so much….as it is I have 8. I’d absolutely get a tiny diamond stud in my nose if I had the balls. Moving is another thing I’d do if I thought I could do it. I’ve never lived anywhere but here but sometimes I want to.

2. What’s your favorite pizza topping and brand?

I’m pretty boring – sausage only is my fave. My favorite brand is from a little Mom & Pop place that Rambo took me to almost every weekend back in high school and it still stands today. It’s still my favorite and now my kids love it too.

3. If you could go back in time but only as far as five years – would you go or not go and why?

I always hope that I never have any regrets in life but the fact is that I do – so yes – I’d go back. I used to think if I could go back and undo the flood that took my childhood home and devastated my parents – that I would but now – I’m not so sure. I am sure I’d change the timing of it. It happened when I was only a few days out from getting my tummy tuck and the recovery was brutal due to the flood.

Personally – I’ve suffered a lot of heart ache in the last 5 years and one thing I’d do differently in that aspect is guard my heart better. I love too deeply and too easily and too fast and in the end, I always lose.

4. Who is your favorite Disney princess and why?

For sure – it’s Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Um – first - the yellow ball gown is to die for. The whole falling in love with someone though they appear to be a beast on the outside strikes a chord for me. I suppose in some ways – Rambo was a beast….to most of the adults who knew him. He was a risk-taker and a trouble-maker and he spent more time in the principal’s office than in a classroom when I dated him. I was the good little Catholic girl with the 4.0 and not a single adult or teacher could understand why I loved him. But I did anyway.

And as he grew up – everyone started to see what I saw from the beginning. He was a tough farm kid, rough around the edges and he hated rules. To me – I saw a hard-working man who loved every part of me when I thought I was unloveable.

He had more honor, loyalty, compassion and morality in his left arm than most people have in their lifetime. Nearly every adult I knew tried to talk me out of being with Rambo – and I refused to listen. Now they too, know why. He was only a beast on the outside. The truth was that he didn’t need rescuing….I did.

5. Repeat Question – summarize your week!

This week was fun but stressful. The election sucked all the energy out of me but it turned out well. Recovering from Easter sucked donkey balls but I think everyone has successfully detoxed from chocolate eggs now. My diet and exercise have continued to be spot on and that feels GREAT! No plans for the weekend and I couldn’t be any happier about that!

12 comments:

Tara Cartledge said...

Love this post!! I already posted for today--but am so doing this next week!!

Laura Runs a Latte said...

Love love love your answer to #4. Sounds like true love to me ♥

Sarah Kopf said...

I heart you... I'm a sausage only girl too. Give me sausage or give me death! :)

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Angelwithatwist said...

Awww #4 made me all sappy and sentimental.. girl you don't even wanna know the things I would do.. mmmhmm moving on

Didi said...

I like when you write about your sweetie. It always sounds like the two of you have such a good connection.

Chris P said...

Tattoos should be allowed everywhere! My company frowns on their display too.

Sunshine's Heart said...

I have one tattoo but would love to have more. The budget doesn't allow for much now that we are on a fixed income. I am with you: I would love to have a little diamond stud in my nose. I know someone who has one and it is too cool and so feminine.

Kelly said...

I'm an extra cheese & pepperoni gal. :-)

Joanna said...

I'm so with you on the tattoo thing. I only have one, but I'd have LOADS more if they didn't have to be covered up at work.

I'm also right there with you on the Belle thing. Her story is about the best moral given out by Disney.

What a great BYOC!!

Joia said...

I *love* your love with Rambo. And, I am also a Belle fan :).

Desert Singer said...

Just love reading your blog. You always make me smile :-)

Mari said...

Really moving hearing you talk about Rambo with so much love xxx