Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ten Things Thursday!!!


1-I went for my first outdoor run of the season last night since it was 80 degrees.  I ran 3 miles and walked up a steep mother-effing hill for .5 miles.  It felt good – and hard.  But mostly good.  The amount of stuff I strap on when I go for a run is reedick.  HRM strap and watch.  Cell phone holder strapped around my waist.  MP3 on my upper arm and headphones.  Water around my one hand and mace around the other hand.  It’s cray cray.
2-Watermelon is still away at camp and this morning I went to wake Banana up and she wasn’t in her bed or on the couch.  I found her – snuggled up in Watermelon’s bed….because she misses Watermelon.  Cue the “awwwwws”.

3-Somehow online I found mini fairy garden pictures.  Seriously people.  Cutest idea evah.  Miniature furniture and gazing balls and fire pits and paths and gazebos and cottages – that you put in a pot with tiny green plants.  A miniature world for fairies.  Sort of like Care Bear Land in dirt.  I can’t wait to get started.
4-I bought my girls an outdoor trampoline with a net.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to log as much time in there as they do.  Should be fun.

5-Rambo and I have a benefit motorcycle ride all day Saturday.  I can’t wait.  Nothing better than being on the back of the Harley with my boy in my pink blinged out skull pants….for a good cause.
6-I have the day off tomorrow.  The only thing on my agenda is getting my nails done, shopping and napping.  It’s okay to be jealous.  I’m jealous of myself.

7-Our last cement pad is being laid next week and our backyard oasis should be complete.  I ordered an outdoor cooler and trash can along with a huge table and chair and umbrella set.  I got a smaller table to go by the grill and two end tables for drinks.  Finished up with an outdoor radio system and we’re good to go.  Donezo for the summer.  All that’s left to do is enjoy. 
8-I’m counting down the days until our anniversary trip that Rambo planned for us.  He’s taking me to an outlet mall and a live theatre production and a hotel for 2 nights.  My God I cannot wait.

9-I may be getting botox for my migraines soon.  I’m having more than 15 a month and that’s what you need to qualify.  Living in chronic pain is mentally exhausting and emotionally it drains me.  I hate it.  Totally.
10-My Etsy chicky-poo finished up my custom chevron dress and tunic and shipped them yesterday!!  I cannot wait to see how they look!

11-The PT work that Rambo and I do just took on a whole new shitstorm of stress last night…and there’s a potential for me to take on more work BUT the problem is that it is probably at least another 20-30 hours a week.  Physically and emotionally the 3 jobs I have now feel like enough.  BUT mentally a part of me wants the challenge that the work will provide and I know I could excel at it.  But at what cost?  I have NO idea.  Ugh.  Just ugh.  Rambo has a lot to decide….and so do I.

PS – my plan is to put a bunch of Coach stuff and even my Michael Kors bag online this weekend so get ready to shop!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer spent in your outdoor oasis is in order. Hope you get to enjoy it lots. I hope the botox works for your migraines, I can't even imagine.

jennxaz said...

oh the backyard oasis sounds cool...wish we could see pics! You have fun on your ride

Connie O said...

I'm glad it's OK to be jealous of your day off--because I am!

I hope no. 11 works out in some way that makes sense for you and does not make your life hell.

Sarah Kopf said...

Fairy land sounds awesome! Take pictures!

Did you say Coach? I know you did NOT just say COACH!? Email me the MOMENT you post them! lol

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

oh, you tempt me with the MK bag! Good luck on the botox for migraines. I am having one today, so I literally feel your pain. Awwww on finding Banana in Watermelon's bed!

RockBand Barbie said...

I need an outdoor cooler to but up by my pool. I used to have a really cool Coca Cola one, but after years of being in the sun it faded and didn't look so cool any more :(

Kelly said...

You had me at Coach.

Cheri said...

The backyard sounds amazing!

Jewlz280 said...

Coach??? Did you say Coach??? Like I need another one! LOL But I still wanna look!

Have fun on that trampoline! After two kiddos... well... if I jump, I may pee. Ok, I WILL pee! :O

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

Oh, the back yard sounds HEAVENLY!
I hope the botox works for you...I've qualified for it twice now and have been approved through insurance to pay for it...but have chickened out. I'd be the 1 in however many that my head swells the size of a cantaloupe!

about the trampoline, wear depends...just saying...you've had kids and you may pee. ;)

Cat said...

I saw a group of riders this evening. They all had colored lights built into the bike frame. I thought of you and Rambo.

/awwww for Banana missing her big sister. : (

cannot wait for the shopping. Bring it sister! : )

mommykinz said...

Its been a long time, I'm glad I took a moment to read your post today. I'm sorry the migraines aren't any better, and maybe are worse than a year ago.
i'm trying new med combinations for mine. Your attitude is wonderful though - i'm glad to be back following you.