Monday, October 21, 2013

Snake casserole.

It should be some kind of earthly rule that if it’s your birthday – you should automatically have an amazing hair day.  I mean really.  Why is that too much to ask?

Having now gotten that off my chest, I’ll try to give a quick weekend recap because I’m sure your day can’t commence without one.  Uh-huh.
Because Rambo is transferring to a new prison, he had the weekend off!  YAY!  We have children though so our lives are not our own and we spent most of the weekend at tournaments and Halloween events. 

Also – side note – speaking of those children.  They are selfish shits.  Neither of them said Happy Birthday to me this morning.  It’s true that I only saw them for about half an hour but still in that amount of time I think Rambo said it 50 times.  Little turds.
Saturday Rambo and I took a nap, watched football and watched Hangover III.  We are super exciting people.  Everyone wants to be like us.  Try not to hate.

Sunday – because of a street project that Rambo is heading up – he had to go door to door on that street and literally ask people what their income is.  I’m going to go on record here saying that I’d rather have lunch with Satan at a place that only serves snake casserole.  Seriously. 
I will also go on record saying that if you were to go door to door and ask people about their sex lives, they’d more willingly tell you that than what they make.  It’s beyond me why what someone else chooses to pay you that is completely out of your control is such a taboo subject. 

Anyway – I couldn’t have done it.  I’d have had hives on my tongue and diarrhea on each person’s front steps.  Just no thank you.
My child wants an American Girl doll for her birthday.  I wish she understood that the only person who is allowed to spend that kind of money on anything is her mom.  Oh God – calm down.  I’m kidding. 

However – I’m just not sure how committed she is to this type of doll.  Like – will it be at the bottom of her toy box in a week or will she seriously play with it and keep it nice?  Until I know – I went to Walmart and bought her a Madame Alexander doll and told her it was an American Girl doll. 

She’s all like, “Walmart sells AG dolls?”
And I’m all like, “Hell yes.  Isn’t Walmart the bee’s knees?”

$27.97.  Spank you very much.
I think instead of having ice cream with my co-workers today for my birthday as is the tradition – I’m going to ask for caramel apples.  Doesn’t that sound good?

Yes – I know I’m switching from topic to topic in split seconds.  Just go with it, mkay?
Rambo got me an entire weekend overnight shopping trip for my birthday with my sister and my mom – and no children.  This slightly makes up for the fact that tonight for my birthday – I have a board meeting.  Poo on that.

My only other plans for the night are working out.  Just like a good hair day should be mandatory on one’s birthday…I think working out should not be on the agenda on one’s birthday.  Lame-o.
Okay – that’s it.  Tomorrow I’ll have a no-poo update for you.  Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Happy happy birthday! XO

Laura Belle said...

Isn't 29 amazing? I've loved being 29 for years now. It's the best age evah!

Luv you darling!

Loving Life by Leesa said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is as great as you are!!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Happy birthday!

Sunshine's Heart said...

Happy Birthday, Draz. I hope it has been a good day. Caramel apples sounds wonderful. We have a local candy store here in town that has been here since before I was born. They are famous for their caramel and candied apples. They give them away for free to children trick or treating on Halloween. I had one just the other day. Well... maybe it was more than one... LOL

Angelwithatwist said...

Happy Birthday darling. I made some caramel apples a week ago.. I was the only one who ate them. Hey how did I know my kids didn't like caramel.. Ok so I did know but shhhhh..

Joanna said...

It's a day late, but being that you celebrate for an entire month... it's OK, right??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND!!!!