Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Boots and puke. Yup. You read that right.

It’s become fairly obvious that I suck at this blogging thing.  I kinda used to be good at it and then I lost my “zing” for it…or actually I forgot how to write things that people want to read.  I’m still here though.  Still treading away at this blessed thing we call life.  Let’s try to catch up, ok?
My obsession with rain boots has grown.  I now own these mint green beauties. 
I didn’t even realize they had shiny blinged out buttons on the side until I opened the box!  Seriously – every single time I wear these - some random person stops me to say they love them.  That’d be fantastic if I didn’t hate random people speaking to or looking at me but I deal with it.
We’ve begun our garage building process.  The first step is cutting down three HUGE trees that are in the way.  Cutting wood and stacking brush takes me back to my days as a child when it felt like that’s all we ever did.  Except now as an adult – I wore my rainbow polka-dotted rain boots while I did it.  It’s so much more tolerable that way.
Rambo and I have gone on a few Harley rides already.  The first one was a 10 hour ride for charity and I had to be social for the entire 10 hours which is like being tortured by lions who have learned to shoot guns.  We were home by 10pm and at midnight I was yelling for Rambo.
As I sat in the bathroom.  On my knees.  Naked as the day I was born. 
Puking my guts out into the toilet. 
I needed a wet washcloth and I wasn’t moving to get one so I screamed for Rambo and he came running.  What a sight that must have been.  Nakedness, rolls of fat hanging out, and puke.  Yum-o.  Good God people – THAT right there is love. 
He didn’t seem to notice the grossness of the sitch but instead just held my hair and said, “Baby – this was a big first ride of the year for you.  It was too much.”

When I was done I was pissed.  I yelled, “So what?  Why can’t I be normal?  Normal people go out riding all day and don’t end up puking!?”
His reply?  “Because you’re not normal.  You’re special.  MY special.  That’s just how it is.”
I hate him.  I hate the toilet.  I hate puking.  I hate that’s he’s right.  I hate that my head has a great time while my body is in deep turmoil.
Beyond being social, it was a stressful ride that contributed to the midnight fun.  It was the first time that I could feel the wind pull the bike from Rambo’s hold and he’d have to move to right the bike.  The roads were all S curves AND at one point the speeds reached 100mph.  We were in the middle of a pack of 100 stupid ass dumb drinking bikers – and had little choice but to stay within the group.  Needles to say – we left after that debacle.  Bikes are dangerous as hell all on their own and that’s not the way we ride.
However, my body had already paid the price.  Or well – it would.  At midnight.
Other than that – we’ve been preparing for summer.  Getting the deck ready, trampoline up for the kids, weeding and planting and lawn mowing and all that stuff.  I love this time of year for that.  Everything is new and blooming and green. 
The summer is going to be the craziest one we’ve ever had now that Rambo has every other weekend off for the first time in 15 years.  We have camping, family outings, tons of bike rides, concerts and a billion other things planned and I’m excited for it all.
Let’s just hope my body can remain excited too. 
 
That whole puking thing – is seriously for the birds.
How have you been??  Do tell!

5 comments:

Loving Life by Leesa said...

sorry about the reaction, for real! That sucks!

Hope your summer is super awesome! Make great memories & take too many pictures!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Wow! I didn't think your body could have such a strong reaction to stress! Was it worse than one of your migraines? Imagine, butt naked with those boots on? Does that do it for Rambo, like thigh-highs? :)

complex14 said...

Love da boots !!!

FitBy40 said...

Oh honey, so sorry you went through such a severe reaction, but also happy you have such an awesome husband who totally gets it.
So glad to hear he's getting some weekends off! Awesome news.

Barbara said...

love that you have that "normal" life that I miss so much.
You got a good man! Hold on to him tight!!